Here I go (actually working on something)

Old October 26th 05, 08:19 PM
Tricia

Default HAPPY DANCING WAS Here I go (actually working on something)

Very pretty pics on your webshots -- what size were the blocks you used
on the cushions?

Tricia
====
http://photos.yahoo.com/chirparrooo

Old October 26th 05, 09:27 PM
Patti

Default Here I go (actually working on something)

Still very pretty, Tricia - but I had thought they were green!!
..
In message .com,
Tricia writes
=)

For those who saw the really dark pictures, I redid a few earlier today
in sunlight and have posted them in the same photo album --much better
to see them now *blush*

T.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 26th 05, 11:02 PM
Tricia

Nayh, Blue and cream colored *snicker* guess the pictures were worse
than I thought

Tricia
====
http://photos.yahoo.com/chirparrooo

Old October 27th 05, 12:31 AM
Sally Swindells

On 26 Oct 2005 12:19:29 -0700, "Tricia"
wrote:

Very pretty pics on your webshots -- what size were the blocks you used
on the cushions?

Tricia
====
http://photos.yahoo.com/chirparrooo

Thanks. Cushions approx 15". They are all 'cheat' blocks I inherited
from my sister. Not quite sure why she had so many. I've sold 4 and
still have about 6 panels, and also a couple she had started to make.
I find that when I make them to sell for charity events the insides
are the problems, as they cost about as much as people are prepared to
pay for the whole cushion. I solved the problem with these by buying 5
bed pillows from Ikea's sale box for £1 each, and sewing them down the
middle to make two each. However, now I have run out so I am on the
look out for £1 pillows! (They have to be new as I wouldn't want to
use used ones.). If I don't find some I will turn them into bags!

I enjoy making things for the organisations I belong to's fundraising
events, but have to be careful I don't spend more on making the items
than they sell them for, or everyone would be better off if I just
gave the money! One organisation raffled a double quilt that someone
had been given unfinished and then finished and donated and it and
made the princely sum of £50 - I could have cried. I bought some
tickets but wasn't lucky.

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~
Old October 28th 05, 12:55 AM
Tricia

I coulnd't find anything medallion on her site except the millenium one
-- not my cup of tea.

Is there a specific spot on there for them that I could be directed to?

Tricia

Old October 28th 05, 08:09 AM
Patti

Sorry Tricia, I don't know the site's geography.
However, try Googling on 'Medallion Quilt'; that will get you thousands
I'm sure - they might not be Jinny's but they will give you an idea.
Also, perhaps you could see inside a book on Amazon? ('Medallion' in
search). I've never done this, but I understand sometimes it is
possible?
Come back if you don't find anything and I'll set out a few of the
principles from Jinny's book for you.
..
In message .com,
Tricia writes

Old October 28th 05, 04:52 PM
Tricia

Thanks,

I'll try it

Tricia
====
http://photos.yahoo.com/chirparrooo

Old October 28th 05, 04:59 PM
Tricia

I have an idea of what medallion quilts are now -- thanks.

It's a nice idea guys but I was looking for something smaller --
hmm...I was thinking perhaps making it into a pillow cover or a small
WUH (we have plain white walls here) --- maybe a smaller version of a
medallion quilt? hmmm....

Tricia
====
http://photos.yahoo.com/chirparrooo

Old October 28th 05, 06:29 PM
Patti

Of course!
If you turn it on point, add the squaring triangles in just fabric and
surround that with a simple, pieced border - you have a small medallion
wallhanging g
..
In message .com,
Tricia writes