Paper Piecing Demo - what would you want to see or know?

Old October 27th 05, 02:12 PM
Kate G.

Default Paper Piecing Demo - THANKS TO ALL -- I'm looking forward to the meeting!

Your comments all will help me... as well as the links to the wonderful
websites!

Thanks again!

Kate in MI

Old October 27th 05, 03:10 PM
Roberta Zollner

Default Paper Piecing Demo - what would you want to see or know?

Favorite trick: to place the next patch accurately, fold the paper exactly
on the next stitching line. Place the next patch RST in approximately the
right position. Hold up to a strong light, and you will see the shadow of
the patch as well as the outline of the area it needs to cover. Then you can
shift the patch as needed. Fold the paper back open and stitch.
Roberta in D

"Kate G." schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I'm doing a paper piecing demo at our next guild meeting. I've done paper
piecing for a number of projects and I feel comfortable doing it... but
maybe you all could help me out also.

For those who do paper piece...

1) Any favorite tips or tricks you are glad you learned along the way
2) You top 2 recommendations for paper piecing beginners
3) Any fun patterns to demo you can recommend?
4) Anything else???

For those who have never paper pieced...

1) Why? Fear? Confusion? or just prefer not to?
2) If you are "afraid" ... what is it you are afraid of? Please be
specific.
3) If you have tried and become frustrated... what was the source of your
frustration?
4) Anything else???

Thanks for you input!

Kate in MI

Old October 28th 05, 04:25 AM
teleflora

"Kate G." wrote in message
I'm doing a paper piecing demo at our next guild meeting. I've done paper
piecing for a number of projects and I feel comfortable doing it... but
maybe you all could help me out also.

For those who do paper piece...

Gosh, Kate, for not knowing much, I seem to have a lot of opinions about
paper piecing. Here's one more. I can follow the line better if I slow my
machine down a bit. This is real hard for some people to do, but I think,
at least in the beginning, you are going to have better luck sewing straight
if you aren't going as fast. My machine has a speed control, I know some
don't.

Cindy

Old October 28th 05, 04:45 AM
Tricia

My speed control is my foot -- and sometimes it seems to think it is on
the gas pedal of the car rather than the sewing machine.

Tricia

Paper Piecing question Ann Quilting 6 July 25th 05 01:46 AM
foundation paper piecing vs english paper piecing?? Frank & Renee Quilting 3 July 18th 05 05:18 AM
Paper Piecing Cheryl Quilting 12 January 4th 04 08:01 PM
paper piecing tip Leafyeb Quilting 8 October 19th 03 08:15 PM
paper piecing questions Elizabeth Young Quilting 30 September 3rd 03 04:17 AM