Spelling OT

Old October 27th 05, 12:30 PM
Pat in Virginia

Default Spelling OT

I got five. I missed one of the two "of" in line two.
PAT, boasting in VA!

WitchyStitcher wrote:

6 is correct - most people on their first reading only count 3 or 4

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

WitchyStitcher wrote:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE
RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC
STUDY COMBINED WITH THE
EXPERIENCE OF YEARS

Old October 27th 05, 07:39 PM
Cappy

That's interesting.

I found that when I was looking for the F's, that I was looking for the pattern
that the capital letter F creates. If this had been switched to upper and lower
case, a whole different skew might be taken.

I do well with looking for patterns in things. Not so well w/ rote
memorization....

Cappy

"WitchyStitcher" wrote in message
6 is correct - most people on their first reading only count 3 or 4

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 17:58:09 -0400, CNY/VAstitcher
wrote:

i count 6 "f"s

WitchyStitcher wrote:
Gee, and I thought it was only because I 'm a special ed teacher.

Actually, a good reader predicts and fills in, and that is why you can
read it. A poor reader reads word-by-word with a great deal of effort
going into the reading, and would not be able to read it. A while ago,
a passage with the "count the instances of the letter "f" Most people
can't do it because their minds don't process the word "OF" unless it
contributes significantly to meaning.