Looking for some yarn

Old January 4th 10, 06:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
wiggy

Default Looking for some yarn

Hi -

My name is Linda and I used to belong to this group way back in the
early 90s. I have recently found it again on Google, and just in time
too. I am hoping someone can help me locate some CE La Gran mohair. I
need at a minimun 2 balls to finish a cable sweater. The color number
is 6511 and the lot number is 5381. I have contacted CE in Lowell, MA
via email and also Webs. I remember there used to be something called
yarnfinder.com, or some such things, but that doesn't appear to be
true anymore.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Linda
Old January 4th 10, 11:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee[_3_]

On Jan 4, 10:26*am, wiggy wrote:
Hi -

My name is Linda and I used to belong to this group way back in the
early 90s. I have recently found it again on Google, and just in time
too. I am hoping someone can help me locate some CE La Gran mohair. I
need at a minimun 2 balls to finish a cable sweater. The color number
is 6511 and the lot number is 5381. I have contacted CE in Lowell, MA
via email and also Webs. I remember there used to be something called
yarnfinder.com, or some such things, but that doesn't appear to be
true anymore.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Linda

You can join the website at ravelry.com and check other member's
stashes to see if anyone has some. There's also an ISO and Destashing
group (web forum) where you can post that you're looking for it. It
may also be possible to find some on ebay.

sue
Old January 5th 10, 04:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_3_]

"wiggy" wrote in message
Hi -

My name is Linda and I used to belong to this group way back in the
early 90s. I have recently found it again on Google, and just in time
too. I am hoping someone can help me locate some CE La Gran mohair. I
need at a minimun 2 balls to finish a cable sweater. The color number
is 6511 and the lot number is 5381. I have contacted CE in Lowell, MA
via email and also Webs. I remember there used to be something called
yarnfinder.com, or some such things, but that doesn't appear to be
true anymore.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Linda

I think this may be the site for which you are looking.

http://www.yarnfind.com/

DA

Old January 5th 10, 04:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

On 1/4/2010 9:37 PM, DA wrote:

"wiggy" wrote in message
Hi -

My name is Linda and I used to belong to this group way back in the
early 90s. I have recently found it again on Google, and just in time
too. I am hoping someone can help me locate some CE La Gran mohair. I
need at a minimun 2 balls to finish a cable sweater. The color number
is 6511 and the lot number is 5381. I have contacted CE in Lowell, MA
via email and also Webs. I remember there used to be something called
yarnfinder.com, or some such things, but that doesn't appear to be
true anymore.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Linda

I think this may be the site for which you are looking.

http://www.yarnfind.com/

DA

Thanks DA,

I will use the sight also.

Nice to hear from you again. I often wonder where every one is.

Dennis & Gail
Old January 5th 10, 02:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_3_]

Thanks DA,

I will use the sight also.

Nice to hear from you again. I often wonder where every one is.

Dennis & Gail

Knitting, of course.
Now is when I get to do something for me, There is a birthday gift on the
needles for a dear friend, but once it is done then there are several
projects I have had an eye on for sometime.

DA

Old January 6th 10, 01:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

On 1/5/2010 7:39 AM, DA wrote:

Thanks DA,

I will use the sight also.

Nice to hear from you again. I often wonder where every one is.

Dennis & Gail

Knitting, of course.
Now is when I get to do something for me, There is a birthday gift on
the needles for a dear friend, but once it is done then there are
several projects I have had an eye on for sometime.

Well DA,

Please tell us what you have planned.

Dennis
Old January 6th 10, 02:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_3_]

Well DA,

Please tell us what you have planned.

Dennis

First on the list is this sweater
http://www.vogueknitting.com/free_pa...ver_belle.aspx

Then a couple pairs of socks, a pair of gloves, a couple of sweaters I saw
in Sandra and a couple from Debbie Bliss.
When I see a pattern I like, I put it with the yarn I want to use and add it
to the to do pile.
So far, I am way behind, to many other things get in the way.

DA

Old January 5th 10, 05:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
jmo

On Jan 4, 11:26*am, wiggy wrote:
Hi -

My name is Linda and I used to belong to this group way back in the
early 90s. I have recently found it again on Google, and just in time
too. I am hoping someone can help me locate some CE La Gran mohair. I
need at a minimun 2 balls to finish a cable sweater. The color number
is 6511 and the lot number is 5381. I have contacted CE in Lowell, MA
via email and also Webs. I remember there used to be something called
yarnfinder.com, or some such things, but that doesn't appear to be
true anymore.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Linda

yarnfinder.com is another place to try. It found some La Gran in
color 6511 on eBay but didn't see a lot number.