Looking for A. crystals from an RCBer

Old May 16th 04, 12:17 AM
Candace

Default Looking for A. crystals from an RCBer

I'm working on a set of small crocheted bags, not round ones, but flat bags, if
that makes any sense, and I'd really like to add some Austrian crystals to
them...fringe and the like.....the problem is, I don't have a whole lot to
spend, and in order to get the best possible prices, I'd need to buy a heck of
a lot more than I need!

Do any of you have any crystals that you aren't/won't use? I'm looking for 4mm
bicones..the 5301#..in any of these colors:

capri blue
garnet
smoked topaz
montana
burgandy
smokey quartz
indian sapphire
rose
dark sapphire
emerald satin
montana satin
ocean blue
Or anything else, let me know

As you can see, I've got a lot of play room where colors are concerned. The
bags will be made from 3 basic colors...burgandy, black satin, and taupe....so
plenty of different colors will go very well with them, either complimenting or
contrasting.

I think I need about 20 crystals per bag. If anyone has some, please, let me
know! Thanks!

~Candace~ your local hemp goddess

Old May 16th 04, 03:47 AM
Candace

I am So there...thanks!
I just sent you an e-mail about the 6mms

The best, bar none is our own Letrinka. Search under "Crystals Xpress" on
Ebay. I'd bet you a buck you'll need more than 20 A. Crystals in each color.

They're awfully small, and you can use them up before you'd know it.

If you really need 20 apiece of the 5301's, send Letrinka an email. I know
that her normal quantity for 5301 4mm bicones is fifty per packet. Fifty 4mm
bicones is not a lot.

Kathy N-V

~Candace~ your local hemp goddess

Old May 16th 04, 04:36 AM
Candace

Kathy wrote:
I'd bet you a buck you'll need more than 20 A. Crystals in each color.
They're awfully small, and you can use them up before you'd know it.

It took me a few minutes to figure out why you'd think I'll need a whole lot of
the 4mm's. The typical crocheted bag would have quite a few of the lil beadies
on there, right? Not so with these...I'm actually crocheting the bags entirely
without beads, and then adding them on afterwards...as accents, not patterns.
So the crystals will just add a touch of *sparkle*. At least, that's the
plan...I've never done this before...so I'm hoping it comes out the way I want
it to.

Oh, and I just now found Lentrinka's store...she has some dark sapphires I
might go for..thanks again, Kathy, for pointing me in her direction!

~Candace~ your local hemp goddess

Old May 16th 04, 07:35 AM
Dr. Sooz

I think I need about 20 crystals per bag.

! ! ! Are they dollhouse bags?!?
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 16th 04, 07:36 AM
Dr. Sooz

..I'm actually crocheting the bags entirely
without beads, and then adding them on afterwards...as accents, not patterns.

Oh. Okay, now I get it.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 16th 04, 09:02 AM
Candace

*laughs* Ok, Ok, I can see how this looks odd...so maybe I should explain.

What I'm working on are a set of Pendant Pockets. These bags will only be
about 2inches deep, and will have minimal decorations. I'm trying these out
because of something I used to see in my Mom's jewelry box. Whenever she would
take out her "treasures" for me to see, she'd always complain about how her
pendants would get scuffed and scratched whenever she would rifle thru the box.
She sometimes used the black velvet bags, but she always said it looked like a
mini funeral in her jewelry box.

So, I decided to try and make something that would be useful in protecting the
pieces, and would also have aesthetic value. I'm not sure how these are going
to work out yet, but I'm having fun with them!

Wait...did that make it look any less odd?

~Candace~ your local hemp goddess

Old May 16th 04, 10:23 PM
Christina Peterson

Interesting idea. Are these "pockets" just for storage? Or will they be
dressy enough to wear on a chain over the pendant -- like an artwork within
an artwork?

I wonder if you could sell storage pockets to a high end jewelry store, as
an "add on" sale for them.

Tina

"Candace" wrote ...

Old May 16th 04, 10:46 PM
Candace

Interesting idea. Are these "pockets" just for storage? Or will they be
dressy enough to wear on a chain over the pendant -- like an artwork within
an artwork?

I wonder if you could sell storage pockets to a high end jewelry store, as
an "add on" sale for them.

Tina

The more I think about what I can do with this idea, the more excited I'm
getting about it! I would definetely think that with the right decorations, a
Pendant Pocket could be used as part of the jewelry. I just ordered some
crystals from Lentrinka, and once I get them in, I'll be able to try out some
different things. I can also see them as a sort of "gift wrap/bag."

Right now, DH and I are whipping out the last few pieces of our hemp order,
cause the guilt over not having That done was interfering with my ability to
focus on the crocheting. By tomorrow morning, I should be all set to give this
my full attention.

~Candace~ your local hemp goddess

Old May 24th 04, 06:14 AM
KDK

Ooh - those sound really cool! Can't wait to see them. And I'll email you
the info about the crystals I have.

Kathy K

crystals in tumbler? RA Beads 22 July 23rd 12 05:39 AM
Genunie Austrian Crystals Made in the USA!!! Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Beads 26 March 14th 04 08:11 PM
AD: Swarovski Crystals (Unusual) on eBay OopsArt Beads 5 October 4th 03 12:53 AM
Addresses please for watch crystals Lisa Beads 4 August 3rd 03 08:42 PM
AD new crystals and bead site Kandice Seeber Beads 0 July 6th 03 03:49 AM