Do One For The "Gipper".

Old October 27th 10, 04:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default Do One For The "Gipper".

Or should I say, do one for me. After making all of the bags for
various entities, who shall remain nameless, (you know who you are,
Lois), I decided that I would like to do one for just myself,
incorporating just the features that I liked from all of the bags I
have done. I wanted a Book/Messenger bag that was simple, yet could
handle enough things I carry, to be useful. I actually have a couple
of commercially made messenger bags that I use for bicycling, so I
know what I want and don't want in a simple bag for use off the bike.
Not lots of compartments inside, like the messenger bags I have, but
just big enough to handle a few things, like books and magazines, I
might want to carry while walking about. What I came up with is shown
in the pictures below. The size is 16" x 16" x 2" and is made in the
Log Cabin Pattern. Under the flap on the second picture is shown the
two 8" x 8" pockets on the front of the exterior of the bag, with
covered flaps, with snap closures. It has a long enough strap to allow
wearing it like a messenger mag across the body from the left
shoulder, or for use on the right shoulder hanging like a shoulder
bag. (Duh! That's why they call it a Shoulder Bag, Silly, Me). It is
the culmination of ideas from all of the other bags I have done and
represents one of the nicest ones I have done, so far. The Batting I
used is a Cotton/Soy Batting, that I got recently, and I really like.
It doesn't have a gigantic amount of loft, and yet gives definition to
the pattern without being hard to sew through, or too "Puffy". Not
very expensive either. Kind of an everyday batting choice. Here are
the pictures showing the open and closed views. The Pattern is done
larger in an 8" size than the others which were 4", so it has fewer
squares. I like this bag a lot.
John

The Bag: http://picasaweb.google.com/ljtaylor...45921812795122
The Bag, Open: http://picasaweb.google.com/ljtaylor...45921812795122

Old October 27th 10, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

Awesome, John! I love the pockets with the flaps!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu