Goodbye!

Old February 19th 04, 01:13 AM
patrick

The sixties were good. But tell me, what is your favorite time to model /
represent?

Patrick

Carol wrote in message ...

"Pam" wrote in message
. com...

I will move on to groups who are more into my groove, not stuck in the

90's,

I'm still stuck in the '60's. :-(

Carol

Old February 19th 04, 02:29 AM
Pam

Default Goodbye!

After reading all this blahblahblah! Including some of my very own, I
might add, I have decided that google newsgroups isn't for me. You
don't understand the newer generation such as myself, who think
instant gratification isn't fast enough! You stick with rules from 10
years ago, made by people way older than me, I will move on to groups
who are more into my groove, not stuck in the 90's, I want answers and
sharing of imformation, not what you think is the way we should post.
Why should anyone have to spend months in the background learning how
to speak in a group? What is wrong with just speaking? I don't have
the hangup with profanity and such as I feel most of you do, we use
the F word, call things as we see them, you use other words to skirt
the real issues, your control freaks, plain and simple.

I raise Camels, soak naked in hot springs in front of perfect
strangers, own my own ranch, ride my Harley, and least of all care
what your comments about this last post are!

If your ever out west and come across a goodlooking redhead riding a
camel, wave your finger!

Pam
Old February 19th 04, 03:31 AM
Shelly

(Pam) wrote:

After reading all this blahblahblah! Including some of my very own, I
might add, I have decided that google newsgroups isn't for me.

The newsgroup doesn't belong to Google. Usenet predates Google and can be
accessed in a number of ways with various software. I happen to access usenet
groups via AOL and if I want to read the archives, I can go to Google. Some
people use newsgroup reader software, which I know next to nothing about.

You
don't understand the newer generation such as myself, who think
instant gratification isn't fast enough! You stick with rules from 10
years ago, made by people way older than me,

Gee, and here I was, not thinking of your age at all. I read 4 newsgroups, and
started in November. I'd always avoided them cuz I was nervous about the flame
wars I'd heard about and that people can get away with a heckuva lot more on
usenet than on AOL's boards. AOL's TOS is far stricter. But I ventured on and
have been discussing things with folks whose ages range from in their 20s to
probably over 60. The groups are varied in topic, but rarely do folks of any
age have a problem with the rules. If someone breaks the rules and is told,
they either leave or they apologize and move on to more interesting things,
like calling folks doodoo heads cuz they don't like the same comic book.

I will move on to groups
who are more into my groove, not stuck in the 90's, I want answers and
sharing of imformation, not what you think is the way we should post.

Good luck. If you find such a group in usenet, I'll be surprised. Stuck in the
'90s, huh? Maybe you need to grow up a bit. The '90s were only 5 years ago.

Why should anyone have to spend months in the background learning how
to speak in a group? What is wrong with just speaking?

Nothing. I took a week to read first, but it isn't required. However, if
someone explains that what you said was inappropriate, how you respond says a
lot about you to the folks there. Would you go to someone's house, someone you
just met, and start criticizing their taste in furnishings?

I don't have
the hangup with profanity and such as I feel most of you do, we use
the F word, call things as we see them, you use other words to skirt
the real issues, your control freaks, plain and simple.

Heck, so do I. Some groups don't allow it, but Usenet is pretty much anything
goes. Except, of course, ads and spam.

I raise Camels, soak naked in hot springs in front of perfect
strangers, own my own ranch, ride my Harley, and least of all care
what your comments about this last post are!

Well, good for you.

If your ever out west and come across a goodlooking redhead riding a
camel, wave your finger!

Any preference for which one?

I've only been hanging around this group for a few months and haven't posted
all that much, but I can honestly say I won't miss you.

Shelly

Old February 19th 04, 12:16 PM
Carol

"patrick" wrote in message
The sixties were good. But tell me, what is your favorite time to model /
represent?

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I don't really have a favorite time but I don't particularly like
Victorian. My dollhouses are not authentic in terms of time periods but I
guess it's supposed to be the late 1800's. The house is Federal but I
embellished on it because I thought it was too plain looking. Federal was
plain looking. I won't mix modern in with my rooms but I don't agonize
over whether or not a particular piece would fit into the late 1800's. I
gave myself dollhouse license - I do what I want. I just don't invite
historians over to see my houses.

I am working on a store - actually the store is put together I just haven't
figured out what it's going to be yet. I'm probably going to do an
antique/junk shop to house all the broken or unsellable pieces I have. It
looks like it will be set in the 1930's-1940's.

I did something historically correct but it was purely accidental. I didn't
want to put a kitchen in the main house because I wanted a large kitchen and
didn't want to take up a lot of space in the house. I made a separate
servant's quarters with a kitchen. Apparently in Federal times the kitchen
wasn't in the main house due to fears of fire.

You can see my houses at http://www.spminiatures.com/house/ Everyone's
favorite house is the servant's quarters.

I admire people who do authentic time periods because it requires a lot of
research.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

Old February 19th 04, 01:26 PM
Shelly

"Carol" wrote:

You can see my houses at
http://www.spminiatures.com/house/ Everyone's
favorite house is the servant's quarters.

Really nice. Thanks for posting the link.

My houses are contemporary, at least inside. I have a federal and a British
townhouse (3 stories, plus basement and attic). I like contemporary cuz I can
really mix and match styles and time periods. I just say that the dolls who
live there collect antiques or some such.

I also have roomboxes--detective agency, and a couple of living rooms. And I
have a dollhouse dollhouse shop.

No online photos. Maybe someday I'll get a site done so I can show them off.

Shelly
Old February 19th 04, 04:41 PM
Dawn

Shelly wrote:

My houses are contemporary, at least inside. I have a federal and a British
townhouse (3 stories, plus basement and attic). I like contemporary cuz I can
really mix and match styles and time periods. I just say that the dolls who
live there collect antiques or some such.

That's my approach, too. I have a victorian and a tudor from a kit, but
my plans for the inside are to have them "updated" to current interior
designs.

Dawn

Old February 19th 04, 05:04 PM
Herb

Carol wrote:

If you have photos you can email to me and I can put them on my website. I
have a number of projects from people on the site and people enjoy looking
at what others have done. The page with these pics is
http://www.spminiatures.com/customerproj.htm

Carol -

What a nice thing to do!

We could also use
alt.binaries.pictures.crafts

This newsgroup was created for craft pictures, and is just about
completely unused. There have been a total of 8 messages posted over
that last 10 days. Of those, one is a craft picture, two were posted
there instead of on alt.binaries.crafts.pictures, and seven are obvious
spam.

The original newsgroup for craft pictures CAN still be used, but any
miniatures postings would be inundated in the flood of
embroidery-related messages (a total of over 7600 in the past 10 days).

The only problems I would see a

1) The newsgroup was only created a couple of years ago; and because
it's been lightly used, some (or many) news Servers might not carry it.
People would have to ask their ISP or News Server to add it.

2) There's the very strong possibility of confusion between

alt.binaries.pictures.crafts (the unused group I'm recommending)
and
alt.binaries.crafts.pictures (the embroidery group).

The possibility is so strong that I mixed them up when I first typed the
above three lines

The advantage to using your site is that the pictures would be more or
less permanent.
The disadvantage to using your site is that the pictures would be more
or less permanent.

A major advantage to using a.b.p.c would be the ability to display and
discuss problems, works in progress, and other material not really
suitable for semi-permanent display. It could also be used for things
like instruction sheets and similar non-text instructional materials.

- Herb
Old February 19th 04, 05:19 PM
Herb

Or, better yet,
alt.binaries.crafts

Even LESS used, and more likely to be on people's servers, I think.

- Herb