Column of Leaves by Brooknelson

Old October 7th 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Default Column of Leaves by Brooknelson

Georgia,

I am envious, what beautiful work,
Dennis
Old October 7th 07, 03:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia[_2_]

You're very kind. I use circulars or dpns wherever possible, because I find
purling tiring. So, the hats, the helmet-liner, the socks, the pullover
sweaters are all done on circulars (or dpns). But it may well be that the
instructions are for straight needles, and I adapted them. And come to think
of it, if they are for circular needles, it wouldn't be that hard to rewrite
them for straight needles--they're pretty simple patterns

The helmet-liner instructions (and instructions for donating) are at
http://www.geocities.com/helmetliner/
Instructions for baby hats and child vests are at http://warmwoolies.org/.

Hugs,
Georgia

Georgia, you do such pretty work. Can I ask.. is the baby hat and/or the
helmet next to it done on double pointed needles, circular or straight

(she
asked, hopefully) and did you make up your own patterns or are they online
somewhere? I am looking for easy/quick hat patterns done on two straight
needles so I can make a few to give to shelters for the needy for the
upcoming winter months here in Ontario where it gets very cold.

*hugs*
Gemini

Old October 7th 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

I've finally finished up the Storm Water Shawl, and am closing in on the
Peacock Feathers Shawl. Since Yahoo is closing down their photo service,
I've moved some pictures over to Flickr, and I'm not crazy about it.
Anyway, I'll post a couple of links, and you can let me know if you can
get
in to see any of the pictures. I think you have to have a Flickr account,
but I'm not sure. The only reason I'm using Flickr is because of the
Ravelry group. At some point they will be modifying their program to
allow
other photo hosting services.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9741815@N03/1449227663/

Shelagh, I love your Storm Water Shawl, it's so pretty! Looking forward
to seeing your Peacock Feathers Shawl too. )

About Yahoo photo service... aren't they already finished with that? I know
I can't get to mine anymore... haven't been able to for a while now in fact.
And about Flickr.. Nora emails me links to see her latest afghans all the
time, and I never have any problem seeing any of them (saw your shawl too)..
I don't have an account with them yet. By the way, Nora seems to like
posting her pictures on Flickr and as far as I know she hasn't had any
problems with it so far.

*hugs*
Gem

Old October 7th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Georgia" wrote in message
m...
You're very kind. I use circulars or dpns wherever possible, because I
find
purling tiring. So, the hats, the helmet-liner, the socks, the pullover
sweaters are all done on circulars (or dpns). But it may well be that the
instructions are for straight needles, and I adapted them. And come to
think
of it, if they are for circular needles, it wouldn't be that hard to
rewrite
them for straight needles--they're pretty simple patterns

The helmet-liner instructions (and instructions for donating) are at
http://www.geocities.com/helmetliner/
Instructions for baby hats and child vests are at http://warmwoolies.org/.

Hugs,
Georgia

Thank you for the links, Georgia. I have saved them to my favourites. I
was pleased to find that they have two needle mittens on the warmwoolies
site, I'll be able to give them a try. I was also pleased to find a
crocheted version of the helmetliner on their site. )

*hugs*
Gemini

Old October 7th 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message

Shelagh, I love your Storm Water Shawl, it's so pretty! Looking forward
to seeing your Peacock Feathers Shawl too. )

About Yahoo photo service... aren't they already finished with that?

In Canada, it closes on Oct 18th.

I can't get to mine anymore... haven't been able to for a while now in

fact.

But Gem, you're in Canada, and you can get to it. Just look for the link in
the top right corner that says "take me to my photos", which is on the page
where they say Yahoo photos is closing. If you have any pictures
you want to download back to your computer you still have time.
I deleted all my photos, since I don't trust Yahoo to do it.

And about Flickr.. Nora emails me links to see her latest afghans all the
time, and I never have any problem seeing any of them (saw your shawl

too)..

I wasn't sure because this was the first time I posted a Flickr link. I
guess
you can see the pictures because any pics I want linked to Ravelry I have
to mark them as "public".

I don't have an account with them yet. By the way, Nora seems to like
posting her pictures on Flickr and as far as I know she hasn't had any
problems with it so far.

What I don't like about the free account is you can only access the 100
most recent photos you've stored there. It doesn't matter much to me
because the guy at Ravelry says they'll be opening up photo access to
other providers. (shrug).

Shelagh

Old October 8th 07, 02:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

YarnWright wrote:

Spike Driver. . .

Dennis,
Do you have my mother's address in Rockford? You could send it directly to
her.....
Noreen
who is very very very busy, but VERY GLAD to see YOU!

Please email it,I will post a pic before I send it.

All hell broke loose about the time you were up here. I am sorry things
did not work as you planned.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old October 8th 07, 08:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message

Shelagh, I love your Storm Water Shawl, it's so pretty! Looking
forward
to seeing your Peacock Feathers Shawl too. )

About Yahoo photo service... aren't they already finished with that?

In Canada, it closes on Oct 18th.

I can't get to mine anymore... haven't been able to for a while now in

fact.

But Gem, you're in Canada, and you can get to it. Just look for the link
in
the top right corner that says "take me to my photos", which is on the
page
where they say Yahoo photos is closing. If you have any pictures
you want to download back to your computer you still have time.
I deleted all my photos, since I don't trust Yahoo to do it.

I just looked and I can't find where it says that... and I looked all over
the entire main page. *shrug* Doesn't matter really... I have all the
pictures in a folder on my desktop anyway, I saved them when I first heard
that Yahoo Photos was shutting down.

And about Flickr.. Nora emails me links to see her latest afghans all the
time, and I never have any problem seeing any of them (saw your shawl

too)..

I wasn't sure because this was the first time I posted a Flickr link. I
guess you can see the pictures because any pics I want linked to Ravelry I
have
to mark them as "public".

I goofed, sorry... I'm blonde, I'm entitled! LOL Nora apparently doesn't
use Flickr afterall. She sent me this message... "The pictures of the
afghans that I've been sending you are with shutterfly, works much faster
then Flickr that's associated with yahoo."

I haven't tried either myself, so I have no idea what it's like to work with
either of them... yet. I'll get around to it one of these days.

What I don't like about the free account is you can only access the 100
most recent photos you've stored there. It doesn't matter much to me
because the guy at Ravelry says they'll be opening up photo access to
other providers. (shrug).

So which Photo site do you like to work with? Have you found one that
allows you to post unlimited numbers of pictures, like the Yahoo one used to
allow? What a pain that they decided to stop having that. *tsk*

*hugs*
Gem

Old October 8th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

Gorgeous! Wow! You are seriously industrious.

Murielle

"Georgia" wrote in message
news
Glad to hear you are home again. Please post pictures of the afghan!

Have been working on socks and other small items. Just finished a scarf
knit
lenghtwise--picture at http://www.georgiamorgan.net/html/knitting.htm.
Currently on the needles are socks knit lengthwise (so they'll have a
kitchener seam up the back) with self-striping yarn--so they'll have
vertical rather than horizontal stripes. The yarn came with the
instructions, but I'm only 12 rows in and already I'm figuring out how I'd
improve (read: simplify) the design. (Actually, I changed it
already--didn't think I'd want striped socks in reverse stockinette.)

Georgia

"Spike Driver" wrote in message
news
I have finished 3 column of leaves scarves recently. I started one for
Noreen's mother and had 2 orders from family as soon as they laid eyes
on it. It is a beautiful verigated wool from Noreen's favorite yarn
shop in Rockford, IL. I have to get it in the mail to Noreen.

I am working on an afghan called "Honeycomb" from the 1990 issue of
"Homestead Classics AFGHAN" , I am glad I did not throw it away. A long
time friend of our that sets with Gail 2 days a week saw the magzine and
asked if I would make it for her, it is beautiful.

I spent 8 days in a rehab nursing home getting a little stronger before
they would do the fusion on C3 and C4. I made many friends and will be
teaching a knitting class soon, I am really looking forward to teaching
a class again.

I also made a plane old black knit 2by2 rib scarf for my neighbor across
the street. Him or his wife always knocks on the door if thy don't see
me out and around for a while.

What projects are you all working on? I forgot the shortcut we all used
for unfinished items.

What have you made during the summer months.

Hugs & God bless to all or our dear FRIENDS at RCTY,
Dennis & Gail

Old October 8th 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

"Spike Driver" wrote in message
news

What projects are you all working on? I forgot the shortcut we all used
for unfinished items.

What have you made during the summer months.

Hugs & God bless to all or our dear FRIENDS at RCTY,
Dennis & Gail

Dennis - I'm glad to hear you have caring neighbours who check on you and
someone to spend some time with Gail.

The shortcut for unfinished items is - UFO (unfinished objects).

I've finally finished up the Storm Water Shawl, and am closing in on the
Peacock Feathers Shawl. Since Yahoo is closing down their photo service,
I've moved some pictures over to Flickr, and I'm not crazy about it.
Anyway, I'll post a couple of links, and you can let me know if you can
get
in to see any of the pictures. I think you have to have a Flickr account,
but I'm not sure. The only reason I'm using Flickr is because of the
Ravelry group. At some point they will be modifying their program to
allow
other photo hosting services.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9741815@N03/1449227663/

Shelagh