Home again.

Old June 22nd 07, 07:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

Default Home again.

On Jun 22, 2:31 pm, Katherine wrote:
Pineapple and cheese is a popular sandwich filling here in NZ. As a
child though I had the same thing everyday in my school lunch: 1
Marmite and 1 honey sandwich. Everyday, for 5 years - still love both.

Hmmm.... What kind of cheese would you use with pineapple?

Gratted chedder. I've always liked fruit with my cheese. Raisins and a
good tasty chedder is very nice.

VP

Old June 22nd 07, 12:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

"Murielle" wrote in news:SbJei.7003
$xk5.3164@edtnps82:

Thanks Lee, I've emailed you already.

got it
will reply when the coffee starts working
lee
Old June 22nd 07, 03:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Jun 22, 1:28 am, "Murielle" wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Jun 21, 5:32 pm, "Murielle" wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

groups.com...

On Jun 21, 3:30 am, "Murielle" wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jun 20, 3:28 pm, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply
wrote:
Murielle wrote:

I remember Spam sandwiches drowned in ketchup. All the kids had
Span
sandwiches for lunch.

We always took it camping and fried it for breakfast like you would
ham
or bacon. I think the recipe must have changed over the years,
because
it doesn't taste the same now as it used to.

Sigh! Nothing tastes the same as it used to. I think that it is us.
:-
(

Higs,
Katherine

I think you're right, Katherine. ;-)

Some things taste the same, though. Arrowroot biscuits are still
delicious.

Higs,
Katherine

I haven't had one of those for years. Back in the day, they were one of
my
favorite things to eat, slathered in Cheese Whiz (sp?) and then I'd
squish
them so the cheeses would come through the little holes in the busicut.
(How sad is that, that I remember?!)

Oh, I have done that, too. Yummy!!!

These days I'm trying really hard to make healthier choices. Just bought
myself four pounds of ground, organic elk: makes a wonderful chili and
I'm
planning on using it for a meatloaf as well. Yummy!

"organic elk"???? Where can you buy that?

Higs,
Katherine

We have a store here called Organic Planet and they carry all kinds of
organic meat. I think they may also sell it in the Community Natural Foods
stores, or at the Farmers' Markets..

I'd like to get some venison for stew but I'm going to have to hunt down a
source. (Sorry about the pun.)

If you enjoy game, elk is not as "gamey" tasting as venison. At least, I
don't find it so.

I also really enjoy bison burgers. ;-)

I love wild game. My question really was wondering if there is such a
thing as "non-organic" elk. I would have thought that all wild game
fell
under the "organic" category.

Higs,
Katherine

Old June 22nd 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Jun 22, 2:07 am, Vintage Purls wrote:
On Jun 22, 2:31 pm, Katherine wrote:

Pineapple and cheese is a popular sandwich filling here in NZ. As a
child though I had the same thing everyday in my school lunch: 1
Marmite and 1 honey sandwich. Everyday, for 5 years - still love both.

Hmmm.... What kind of cheese would you use with pineapple?

Gratted chedder. I've always liked fruit with my cheese. Raisins and a
good tasty chedder is very nice.

Never tried that. I love cheddar with apples or pears.

Higs,
Katherine

Old June 22nd 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in
:

Apparently I live a sheltered life. I had no idea there
was such a thing as Kosher or Passover Coke. *shrug*
Learn something new everyday! )

there may not be in Canada. last time i was there the Coke
was made with sugar, not HFCS. unless they've changed the
formula packaged up there to the HFCS type, they wouldn't need
to make a specific Kosher for Passover product.
most of the Mexican Coke is also made with sugar still.
lee

Oh I see. Thank you for clarifying that. I honestly can't tell you what's
in our Coke here, I don't drink the stuff. I prefer my Canada Dry
Gingerale... or sometimes C-Plus. Coke and Pepsi are not big favorites of
mine.

Funny though... I *used* to drink Coke a LOT years ago. However I gave it
up for Lent one year, then by the time Easter Sunday came around I was
really craving it... so I poured myself a HUGE glass of it, to make up for
all the time I had gone without it. I took one mouthful and *GAGGED*... it
was like pouring straight syrup in my mouth. Ewwww! That turned me
completely off Coke, and Pepsi too. Hey, it's one way to break the habit!
LOL

*hugs*
Gem

Old June 22nd 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Katherine" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 21, 12:35 pm, "Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking
wrote:

So, Birks you say? I don't think I've seen them. I've seen Bicks, but I
find them to be more tangy than sweet.

Hmmm, maybe it was Bicks, but I don't think so. I think that Bicks
makes
just regular (not mustard) pickles. Or at least, that is all I have
seen. I'll
check next time I am in a supermarket to see it there are Birks.

Higs,
Katherine

I know that Bicks does make them, we've tried them before. I suppose if I
*had* to, I could always mix some sugar in with them to make them sweeter
rather than tangy. ;o)

*hugs*
Gem

Old June 22nd 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
My little sister took nothing but peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to
school for lunch from kindergarten through third grade. Never would eat
anything else. After third grade, she told my mom she was tired of peanut
butter and jelly sandwiches and never wanted to take another one to school
for lunch. She wanted peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches! We also sometimes put mini
marshmallows (fruit flavored, or plain) in peanut butter sandwiches for a
change. ;o)

On the sandwich vein, my mom's younger (and only) brother took pineapple
sandwiches for lunch when he worked his way through college in the 1940s.
(this was in the deep south, and apparently pineapple sandwiches were
popular -- maybe only among people who were not very well off; I have no
idea, but I know they never had a lot of money). One day my gramma
thought she would give him a treat and put a walnut or a pecan or some
similar nut in the hole in the pineapple just for some variety. My uncle
came home and got mad at my gramma for doing that without warning him,
because he said when he bit into that nut, he thought he had broken a
tooth!

Never heard of pineapple sandwiches before. I like pineapple, but not too
sure how I would feel about it being between bread. *shrug*

The next day in his lunch, he got a sandwich consisting of two slices of
bread and a note saying, "Go buy your own lunch."

LOL Good for her!

*hugs*
Gemini

Old June 22nd 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Katherine" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 21, 5:07 pm, Vintage Purls wrote:
On Jun 22, 8:50 am, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply

Pineapple and cheese is a popular sandwich filling here in NZ. As a
child though I had the same thing everyday in my school lunch: 1
Marmite and 1 honey sandwich. Everyday, for 5 years - still love both.

Hmmm.... What kind of cheese would you use with pineapple?

I like Philadelphia brand Pineapple Cream Cheese on a bagel. So I suppose I
*do* like pineapple on bread afterall... but only mixed in with the cream
cheese. )

*hugs*
Gem

Old June 22nd 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

Katherine wrote in
oups.com:

On Jun 22, 1:28 am, "Murielle"
wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

ups.com..
.

On Jun 21, 5:32 pm, "Murielle"
wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

groups.co
m...

TRASH to reply wrote:
Murielle wrote:

[...]

wild elk probably does, but most elk meat found in
stores/online is farmed elk, and, as with all farmed
livestock, can be "organicly raised" or kept in a feedlot like
cattle.
there's an elk farm not too far from my farm. *really* high
fences
lee
Old June 22nd 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

wrote:
Murielle wrote:

[...]

Oh! LOL! Sorry. ;-)

These elk, I believe are not wild, they are raised domestically and fed a
certain way, etc.

At least that's my understanding of it. I should check on that. Yeah, let
me check on it and get back to you, okay?

Hugs,
Murielle