Hi

Old May 28th 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MSey

Default Hi

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
"Katherine" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 28, 1:05 am, "MSey" wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

Welcome back, Muriel. Do you still have those patterns?

Higs,
Katherine

Hi Katherine,

I do! I might have to do some digging to find them but I'm a born
packrat.
I rarely get rid of anything. Oh, and I have a scanner now, which

makes
sharing easier. ;-)

Great! Then I'd love to see them sometime.

Higs,
Katherine

Me too! As soon as I saw that someone had patterns of the sweaters

Princess
Diana used to wear, I perked up. Those were gorgeous sweaters! )

Do be careful how you share them though, Murielle... attachments and
pictures are frowned upon on the newsgroup as they overload some people's
computers. If you could put them on a separate site... like a blog page

or
something... and then share the URL with us, that would be great. )

*hugs*
Gemini

Okay, that's great because I just responded to Katherine with that very
question. I do have a blog so I can figure that out and share them that
way.

I have: the sheep pattern, the red one with all the white sheep and one
black; the koala pattern; blue with a big koala bear on a tree trunk; and
one that is more traditional. I'll dig them out again and post them to my
blog ... probably sometime next week as this week is going to be busy.

Hugs,
Murielle

Old May 28th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MSey

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
"MSey" wrote in message
Hi,

I used to "hang out" here a lot many years ago. Life took over for a
while,
but here I am again.

From time to time I've lurked and left the odd post, but I thought I'd
better re-introduce myself as it's been soooo long.

My name is Murielle. I love knitting, though I've not done it for quite
some time, crocheting, cross-stitch, embroidery and recently did my

first
"needlepoint" project from a Celtic book I picked up years ago. I also
enjoy beading, something I learned as a child.

I love this newsgroup and have always found people enthusiastic about
hobbies I enjoy and gracious in their willingness to lend a helping hand
when needed.

(I'm not sure if anyone will remember me, probably the most extroverted
thing I ever did while posting frequently was to share the patterns of
Princess Diana's sweaters that were published in a magazine shortly

after
her marriage to Prince Charles. That was so much fun!)

Anyway, as life has slowed down some and will be slowing down even more,
hopefully, in the near future I have found my way back here more and

more
often, and expect to spend more time here I thought it was time to just
say,
"Hi".

Murielle

Welcome home! ;o)

*hugs*
Gemini

Thank you!

Hugs,
Murielle

Old May 28th 07, 06:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MSey

"The Other Kim" wrote in message
Murielle wrote:

Hi,

I used to "hang out" here a lot many years ago. Life took over for a
while,
but here I am again.

HI MURIELLE!!!

Hi KIM!!!!

I saw your name and sqealed. Did you hear me? I bet you could. ;-))

Sorry for shouting, but I know this gal from elsewhere, and I'm happy to
see her here :-)

I shouted right back. (I'm grinning from ear to ear here!) It's great to
know we have even more in common. This is so cool!

From time to time I've lurked and left the odd post, but I thought I'd
[...]

I made my sister the black sheep sweater. That's the project that
completely turned me off to intarsia. It turned out nice enough, but
took forever to make.

I have never made any of the Diana sweaters, but I did make a poinsettia
sweater for my mother a few Christmases before she died and while weaving in
all those little wool-ends made me crazy I'd be willing to try again with
something else.

See, I leared something already. I didn't know it was called "intarsia".
I've seen the term as I lurked and hadn't a clue that's what it meant. Now
I know. Thank you!

Anyway, as life has slowed down some and will be slowing down even
more,
hopefully, in the near future I have found my way back here more and
more
often, and expect to spend more time here I thought it was time to
just say,
"Hi".

Yay!! This is still one of the best groups on Usenet (gotta put it that
way, or some of my buddies from another place will hunt me down g)
with a nice comfy feeling.

I think so too!

Really glad to see you here :-)

Me too!

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Hugs,
Murielle

Old May 28th 07, 07:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

Murielle wrote:

I was born in Scotland many, many years ago. In fact that's where I
learned
to knit, in school. The boys got to build this wonderful volcano and
the
girls *had* to knit. I resented not being able to build the volcano
so
much. Who knew it would be something I'd love for so long inspite of
my
initial response.

Similar story here, but in California. Back in 3rd grade, when
dinosaurs roamed the Earth and girls weren't allowed to do woodworking
projects, the boys were doing a woodworking project that went along with
what we were studying in social studies, and they were taken out of
class for this. The teachers couldn't teach us anything new during that
time, so my teacher decided to teach all of us girls how to knit. She
just taught the basic cast on, knit stitch, and bind off, but that was
enough for me to make some skirts for Barbie dolls (using plastic
pick-up sticks as needles; must be why I love using tiny needles today).
I'm still going strong 38 years later.

I still think I would have done better at the woodworking project back
then, though g

Old May 28th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MSey

Murielle wrote:

[...]

I was going to say that I'd never knitted doll clothes, but there was one
doll ... simple little skirt and top. Wow! I'd forgotten all about that.
I'm not a terribly good knitter. I'm more of a laborious knitter. Someone
once told me that watching me knit made her tired because I do the "hand
over" method rather than flicking the stitches from one needle to the other.
So not fancy, not fast, but somewhat productive. I like knitting baby
blankets best. I'm intimidated by anything shaped. ;-))

I still think I would have done better at the woodworking project back
then, though g

I bet you would have. I don't know if I'd have been good at building the
volcano but it just seemed infinitely more interesting. ;-)

It's so nice to find you here!

Old May 29th 07, 05:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

MSey wrote:
Hi,

I used to "hang out" here a lot many years ago. Life took over for a while,
but here I am again.

From time to time I've lurked and left the odd post, but I thought I'd
[...]

Murielle,
I remember you and welcome back.

I am sure you will make it a better group with your presence.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old May 29th 07, 06:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article D9J6i.61837$V75.1218@edtnps89, MSey wrote:
snip

I'm not a terribly good knitter. I'm more of a laborious knitter. Someone
once told me that watching me knit made her tired because I do the "hand
over" method rather than flicking the stitches from one needle to the other.
So not fancy, not fast, but somewhat productive. I like knitting baby
blankets best. I'm intimidated by anything shaped. ;-))

I'm a laborious knitter too. Shaping isn't so hard, people do it all
the time by accident. ;-)

=Tamar
Old May 29th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MSey

"Richard Eney" wrote in message
In article D9J6i.61837$V75.1218@edtnps89, MSey

wrote:
snip

I'm not a terribly good knitter. I'm more of a laborious knitter.

Someone
once told me that watching me knit made her tired because I do the "hand
over" method rather than flicking the stitches from one needle to the

other.
So not fancy, not fast, but somewhat productive. I like knitting baby
blankets best. I'm intimidated by anything shaped. ;-))

I'm a laborious knitter too. Shaping isn't so hard, people do it all
the time by accident. ;-)

=Tamar

LOL! Ain't it the truth!

Murielle

Old May 29th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MSey

"Spike Driver" wrote in message
news
MSey wrote:
Hi,

I used to "hang out" here a lot many years ago. Life took over for a

while,
but here I am again.

From time to time I've lurked and left the odd post, but I thought I'd
[...]

That is so sweet of you to say. Thank you! Everyone has made me feel so
welcome. I really do feel like I've come home.

Hugs,
Murielle

Old May 29th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On May 28, 1:35 pm, "MSey" wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

oups.com...

On May 28, 1:05 am, "MSey" wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

oups.com...

On May 27, 7:44 pm, "MSey" wrote:
Hi,

I used to "hang out" here a lot many years ago. Life took over for

while,
but here I am again.

From time to time I've lurked and left the odd post, but I thought

I'd
[...]

When I dig them out I could email them directly to you, or send them as an
attachment, whichever suits the group best.

I see that Gemini has already suggested posting them on your blog.
That
would work, or you could also mail them to me at:
katherine dot burgess at mail dot mcgill dot ca

Thanks in advance.
Katherine