Gaffer Cane

Old May 19th 04, 04:08 AM
starlia

Default Gaffer Cane

For those of you who have wanted some of the Gaffer Cane, Val Cox has some
on her site for those who have previously ordered or is on the reserve list.
Her website is www.glasspoet.com.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old May 19th 04, 07:16 AM
starlia

I just got a little bit because Val had sold out on the colors last time.
Then I got the round with all the clear. I love the stuff. I'm making tons
of hollows tonight with it.
--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old May 19th 04, 01:48 PM
Karen_AZ

OMG, isn't is a dream making hollows with this glass???? The rods are so
thin that the walls seem to just naturally be thin. Way fun!!!! I realized I
get very tense making hollows, but I don't with this glass. How strange!

KarenK

Old May 19th 04, 04:05 PM
Tinkster

On Wed, 19 May 2004 05:48:56 -0700, "Karen_AZ"
wrote:

OMG, isn't is a dream making hollows with this glass???? The rods are so
thin that the walls seem to just naturally be thin. Way fun!!!! I realized I
get very tense making hollows, but I don't with this glass. How strange!

Noooooooooooooooooooo! I am NOT allowed to get any more new kinds of
glass! I don't have anyplace to put the glass I already have. Crap.
But now I want to try this for hollows. Arrrrrghhh!

You guys are pure evil.

T.
Rent-A-Tink Info via
Latest Work is he
http://snipurl.com/4y35
BEAD SALE he http://snipurl.com/5pfg
http://blackswampglassworks.com
Old May 19th 04, 05:32 PM
Beadbimbo

I'm clueless! What's Gaffer Cane? It looks like glass rods. What's
special about it?

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old May 19th 04, 05:39 PM
Karen_AZ

Val Cox is having it hand-pulled. It's made from the same furnace glass that
a lot of the frit is made from, but the big chunks used in furnace glass are
pulled into rod form. The colors are gorgeous, some are very reactive, and
it's an absolute dream to use. I have two auctions up where I used it, and
two just closed:

http://www.justbeads.com/listings/de...mnum=769157682
http://www.justbeads.com/listings/de...mnum=768549893

Right now Val's only selling it in limited quantities, to previous buyers. I
just ordered one of the latest batches. You can see the rods and samples
he

http://www.andale.com/stores/sf_home...1&sfUrl=valcox

--
KarenK
www.desertdreameraz.com

Old May 19th 04, 06:53 PM
starlia

I worked on hollows last night (I don't know what got into me) and it is a
dream. I have a very limited pallet of the colors because I didn't get in
the first two buys and Val took pitty on me and sent me shorts. I'll post
my photos later on the website.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old May 20th 04, 01:32 AM
Kalera Stratton

Thanks! I was on the list, but didn't get an email... reading the site
it looks like she decided not to send one for some reason ??? so I was
too late and missed it.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old May 20th 04, 02:08 AM
starlia

Crud - I'm sorry. I didn't see an email either but I was watching
diligently. So far the lighter colors don't appeal to me yet but I think it
have to find a way to get them to really sparkle for me.

I've been playing around with the very last of my BE you sent me. I
absolutely love the purple! I wish I could actually see some of the colors
in person. I'd love to order a little for myself as well.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com