My First Faux Polo Top Image

Old May 23rd 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

Default My First Faux Polo Top Image

Just to help out those wondering if they know of a similar pattern,
here is a link to a picture of the item Ferne is talking about:
http://www.berroco.com/226/226_fauxpolo_pv.html

VP

Sorry about the new post - I'm still having issues with Google Groups
and I couldn't reply to her message for some reason.

Old May 24th 07, 05:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
coggietm

Thats a cute pattern , I have not seen a free one like it floating
around, sorry
Coggie

Old May 24th 07, 07:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

I haven't found anything exactly right. But here are two patterns that
give you the basic shape. Change the stitch pattern to 2x2 rib and add
the split at the bottom and you're there.

http://www.berroco.com/200/200_lavinia.html
http://magknits.com/July06/wimbledon.htm

VP

Old May 24th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Rosemar

If I were to try to copy that, I would look for a pattern for a basic
jewel neck cardigan with set in sleeves for the stitch count and
armhole shaping. Done in the 2x2 rib, it will be more close
fitting. For the split front lower edge, beginning at the bottom
knit the left and right separately, then join and work the whole
front, dividing again for the v neckline.. I don't think that v neck
shaping is needed, because the collar will spread the neckline.

The shape of the collar is just a rectangle, about 4 inches deep. It
could be either made as a separate piece and sewn on, or picked up
after the front and back is sewn together. A row or two of fine
crochet in slip stitch, single crochet or crab stitch around the
armholes and neckline would stabilize the rib stitch.

Image wouldn't transfer [email protected] Polymer Clay 4 April 5th 07 01:29 PM
OT?:Image Hosting glass guy Beads 6 January 20th 06 02:57 PM
Image of my little basket! Anna MCM Yarn 33 April 8th 05 03:01 AM
Image transfer mermaidscove_com Polymer Clay 8 February 27th 05 09:04 AM