abbreviations

Old July 3rd 03, 08:38 PM
Stella Fenley

Default abbreviations

Question ?Do any of you have a list of abbreviations of the vintage
patterns for crocheting and knitting,if so could you possibly let me know
..THank you .Stella

Old July 3rd 03, 11:32 PM
SlinkyToy

What particularly are you trying to figure out? I don't offhand know of a
list of old abbreviations but I'm sure we can figure out your pattern.

. ..

Old July 3rd 03, 11:58 PM
Stella Fenley

I found this site that has crocheting and hand knitted lace stitches,and
some patterns from 1891. and I was wondering if someone could help figure
out what all the abbreviations mean.the site is as follows:
http://www.canadiana.org/cgi-bin.ECO...13cf&doc=08942
scroll down the page and click on home work a choice selection of useful
designs for the crochet and knitting needle also valuable recipes for the
toilet.It will give you a list of pages at the bottom of each page you can
look at them as a pdf file.it is very interesting ,Just wanted to share this
site if any one is interested and ,see if someone could help figure out some
of the terms thats not in some patterns today. could you let me know
..thanks Stella
. ..

Old July 4th 03, 12:38 AM
SlinkyToy

Hah, have a look at page 250, which is shown as a "non-blank" link between
pp 249 and 251. All the knitting abbreviations explained. There's a page
early on that does the same for the crochet patterns.

[...]

. ..

Old July 4th 03, 12:42 AM
Stella Fenley

Some patterns has n or o and I don't know what the n stands for . If I
find anymore as I go will it be alright if I ask for some help. I was
interested in it not only for learning to make vintage patterns ,but that
book was printed 2 years before my grandfather was born.Stella
"SlinkyToy" wrote in message
. ..
Wow, that's a fantastic website! Is there a specific page or pattern from
the document that you're interested in? I looked at a few random pages

and
don't see anything too difficult. I'll be glad to "translate" anything

that
is unclear, but I'd rather not do that for the entire document at one

swell
foop

[...]

"SlinkyToy" wrote in message
. ..
What particularly are you trying to figure out? I don't offhand know

of
list of old abbreviations but I'm sure we can figure out your pattern.

"Stella Fenley" wrote in message
. ..
Question ?Do any of you have a list of abbreviations of the vintage
patterns for crocheting and knitting,if so could you possibly let me

know
.THank you .Stella

Common Abbreviations for Usenet and RCTQ Diana Curtis Quilting 0 January 5th 05 07:33 PM
Some general Internet abbreviations Diana Curtis Quilting 0 December 7th 04 01:49 PM
Abbreviations FAQ Diana Curtis Quilting 0 November 3rd 04 12:47 AM
Abbreviations help?? Joanna Quilting 1 October 5th 04 11:54 PM
Abbreviations Diana Curtis Quilting 0 September 1st 04 02:30 PM