Saturday , we are ok

Old July 25th 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Magie Noire

Default Saturday night was Saturday , we are ok

You know what I meant by "don't worry". Some idiot saying some very, how
should I call it? stupid (to stay "polite) things! And I was courteous
enough to answer him/her, I ignore the gender, sorry!
Have many relaxed coffees on me! If only I could!
Stay safe!
Sofia D

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hahahah Sofia , this days i have some Bigger worries on my mind ,,,
but i thought by reading Noreen letter that i answered something ????
mirjam
relaxing with a post rockets coffee ..

No Mirjam, but I did, don't worry!
Sofia D

Old July 25th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Sofia that is a DATE ... a great Coffee pot in the Metropolitan
After the war ,,,,
mirjam

Old July 25th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Sorry Noreen, but it was me.

If we do not joke about life, then the seeds of bitterness grow, and blossom
into the next round of wars.

You do not want me to make jokes when people are dying? People die in the
heat here in the US. Are you telling me not to make joke about
"weathermen?" It is a bad situation, there is not much I can do about it
except go around, visit some the local old timers, make sure that they have
a fan, and are drinking enough fluids. A joke to cheer them up does not
hurt either.

In time of war, things are never so bad that they can not get a lot worse,
real fast. Of course, there is always serious business that must be
attended to, so you make a joke, and you do the necessary. When the missile
hits the oil rig, and blows most of your workers into little bits, you tell
a joke then, then you put out the fires. Or, maybe the best you can do, is
tell a joke and run like hell! If you stop to have a funeral and grieve,
then others are going to die. The joke gets everyone past the moment, and
says, "This has happened, we can not do anything bout it, but we have other
things to do." War wounds the soul. Humor is a balm that heals the soul.

If people around me are dying, then there is a good chance that I will also
die shortly. I intend to die at peace, with my soul intact. Therefore, I
intend to joke until the end, particularly in a time of war. After all, I
do not intend to die in bed. When, I go, I expect the others to make a
joke. That joke will get them past the moment, on their feet, and running
like hell. It is the best thing that a dead guy can do for his buddies.

Aaron

"YarnWright" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:32:00 GMT, Mirjam Bruck-Cohen spun a fine yarn

Excuse me ??? Aharon ? what was this about ? before making any more
`jokes ` of this kind [ not that eventually we won`t have them
ourselves] i invite you to stay with us ,,, The rockets that come in
aren`t only quick and heavy they are full with 20-40 kg of metal
pellets , each one can penetrate a car`s door and zoom into a person
and kill him immidiately, Shattered glasses are shatered to many small
pieces that went into people`s eyes , and ears and faces ,,, only
yesterday we had over 100 wounded in this city , Please keep this
jokes to yourself . You have no idea what glass flying from a rocket
hit can do to ,, [ ps not much `pieces` found ].
mirjam

Is it true that you can get us a real good deal on broken window glass

so
that we can shave the tips of our bamboo knitting needles? ( LOL)

Aaron

Mirjam...
I am pretty sure this was NOT Aaron.
I am also pretty sure the horrendous posts from patandpatty, earlier
were NOT THEM, either.
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0630-1, 07/24/2006
Tested: 7/24/2006 11:57:56 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old July 25th 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spinninglilac

Default Saturday , we are ok

Hi all, lets hope it all ends soon so that everyone can start going about
their normal lives again.

higz Cher

Old July 25th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB

Aaron,

In this case, the person who is LIVING in the war was upset by your
joke. Your comments here seem pretty thoughtless considering that fact.
Yes, there is a time for jokes, and I have been known to laugh at things
that others may find inappropriate, but your comments here suggest you
are not willing to accept that your joke was hurtful, esp to the person
LIVING IN THE WAR, where you are not.

BB

Old July 26th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Els van Dam

In article , BB
wrote:

Aaron,

In this case, the person who is LIVING in the war was upset by your
joke. Your comments here seem pretty thoughtless considering that fact.
Yes, there is a time for jokes, and I have been known to laugh at things
that others may find inappropriate, but your comments here suggest you
are not willing to accept that your joke was hurtful, esp to the person
LIVING IN THE WAR, where you are not.

BB

I am sure that Mirjam and Aaron can argue this issue, without side shots.
Let me tell you that the Jewish folks, and that includes me by the way,
are the best humorist under the most dire situations, It has seen them
through very tight spots, Mirjam has been there and I am sure that she is
capable of reading between the lines. We were talking, including Mirjam,
about sharping baboo knitting needles. Jan posted the question and quite
a few of us answered her. The use of broken glass came up, and replies
that that is not always something that is at hand. The broken glass may
indeed by part of the war, it certainly was when I was a youngster during
WWII. Without the jokes and fine tuned humour, life would be unbearable.
Jews are the artist of fine tuned satire and humor. Mirjam with her
background and history is quite capable of knowing that Aaron was not
mean, or racist or had bad intentions. He is a good friend and has always
been kind. So folks step back and let Aaron and Mirjam work this out.

Sleep well

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old July 26th 06, 06:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , BB
wrote:

[...]

I agree completely Els!!!!

Both people have been great in helping with this group. They are both
very kind and giving when it comes to this group.

Being part Jewish I agree and have heard the jokes Els has mentioned. I
hope we can go visit Mirjam some day if Gail can gets better.

I know, part Jewish????

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis

Agan, step back and let them work this out.

Pleeeease.

Dennis
Old July 26th 06, 10:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

First of all Elsje i was NOT part of the discussion of how to sharpen
bamboe needles , my only comment was that i liked bamboe needles.
Secondly BB and others are right , i have the right to tell somebody
when a his words hurt me , or seem unhumorous to me . Just now this
seems unkind to me.
As to your comment about Aharon and me having to work it out between
us,,, well he wrote me a private email i answered and to this letter [
Alarm is gomg ] he answered another letter , which i have no intention
to answer , to him privately.
I really think that for the time being Aharon i just will not read
your letters. [ an other alarm ].
We have enough on our mind, Wounded people all over .
i have no mind to read this kinds of posts.
mirjam

Old July 26th 06, 03:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB

My point may not have been clear. I read the joke and thought it was of
questionable taste, but did not respond to that. Mirjam posted that she
found the joke hurtful. Aaron then made his post about laughing at
life, ignoring the fact that it was upsetting to Mirjam. I found that
to be, at best, very insensitive considering Mirjam's current situation.

All of this was done publicly. Public posts invite public reactions.
Why do you think I should be excluded from reacting to public posts?

And I have no idea how religion became an issue in your response to me.