I think I am nuts . . .

Old January 8th 04, 10:29 AM
Trishty

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 21:09:40 -0000, Sally Holmes wrote:

snip
So now we know that Karen isn't a bookaholic and Joanne isn't addicted to
collecting old sewing machines, oh no. Well, me neither, of course, except a
little bit. Does anyone else not have any addictions they'd like to share?

Mmn: apart from fabric, buttons, trim, etc, my main addiction is vintage
clothing, which I've collected since I was a little girl - long before I
ever got into sewing. Another one that's fast emerging is kimono - how I
wish I had bought some when I had the money...

Then there's the usual chocolate fetish (member of the Chocolate Society),
which must be black or white, not milk. Cookery, with Moroccan being my new
fad - everything that can be gets cooked in my tagine. Books, of course;
films (we spend a lot on DVDs, not having access to English cinema); and
music, especially Beth Orton, Philip Glass and everything by Mahler. And
the garden, especially my old roses.

But sadly, being broke, many of my addictions are in rehab apart from the
occasional fall off the waggon. On the upside, I'm becoming an expert at
recycling what I've already got...

Trish
Old January 9th 04, 03:16 AM

Cookbooks...Santa theme figures 'n stuff...vintage leather bags and
valises...gave the vintage clothing collection to DD#1...sewing machines
move over Joanne...quilt books...world globes... a veritable magpie,
that I am, but I regularly sell off items and go on to another
addiction, so it's a changing sideshow.
I'm hiding the box of Godiva chocolates which I got for Xmas. Think
I can eke them out to six-months. You have to lie down before you eat
one--they're so rich, they make me dizzy.
Cea