OT, Hummel collectors

Old August 5th 03, 06:20 PM
Boohoo1971

Default OT, Hummel collectors

I just got the Barons catalog and there are a lot of Hummels in there at very
reduced prices. I am not a Hummel collector, but the sale prices looked mighty
good to me, for example, "All Aboard" collectors had a conductor figure and
"Homeward Bound" landscape for $99.98 and originally was $225. The web site is
www.barronscatalog.com I checked it and the sale prices were on a couple I
checked out, but couldn't find a list of the sale items. Boo
Old August 5th 03, 07:17 PM
Gillian Murray

I collect Royal Doulton miniature character jugs and have quite an extensive
collection.They have been discontinued in this size for the past ten years
or so. A Christmas one has been issued, but that is all. I have been
watching Ebay, and have been finding that they are going for ridiculously
low prices these days. My catalog, with prices, is about two years
out-dated, but I bought one jug listed at 150.00 for 35.00 last week, and a
$550 one for $180. In the past I have considered it a bargain if I can
purchase one on Ebay at 50% catalog price!

It must be the economy, and people are just not spending money on
collectibles. I have been picking some of them up, even though I have them
in my collection, as an investment for the day, some years ahead, when there
will be a good market for them again!

Gillian