Notification to all

Old August 1st 03, 05:13 PM
Pat Porter

LOL! I had one too, Ellice! I`d also like to add that I`m not the designer
that Victoria mentions, although one designer did email me to warn me about
her in a similar vein ages ago when the Gnat first arrived on the scene.
However, since the same designer also warned me about Victoria ...... which
should at least give Victoria a laugh, since we get on fine even if we don`t
ALWAYS agree!

As I say, I feel sorry for the poor girl (Gnat, not Viv), but I also feel
sorry for anyone involved.

Pat P

"Ellice" wrote in message
Hey gang,

I have to throw in something. First, this person posted anonymously, which
has now caused a problem for me. As a result of this posting, Nathalie
evidently believes it was me - because in the header reference lines my 2
prior posts in the thread are cited. And now, as she is understandably

upset
with what she perceives as untruths being published about her - she has
attributed this "anonymous" to me.

So, I'm writing to say this is most definitely not me. And I am taking
action with my ISP to ensure that whatever "good" name I have isn't

sullied
by this posters actions. Lovely for me to be threatened when all I've done
is try to present some calm look at a bad situation.

Yes, I have responded to Nathalie's personal, ummm, shall we say,

ultimatum
threatening action against me if I don't retract all the crap that was in
the anonymous post. FWIW - Nathalie says to me that essentially this is
either full of lies, or misrepresentations (my paraphrase). She has also
informed me that she will be going to the NEWSGROUP (horrors) to post

this,
with the header open - as if we dolts (my word) can't figure out how to do
that ourselves and thus show what a terrible person I am, and then I can
lose all my credibility, and so forth.

So, gang, I've snipped all the offensive, potentially libelous stuff. And

am
letting you know that this isn't me. Believe it or not. It was certainly a
shock to me to open my e-mail this morning, and have an attacking e-mail

in
my box from Nathalie - with this attached - and ultimatums about what
actions I must take. Just in point of fact, at 4:23 AM EDT, I was in bed
with DH, and Puckster. I'm sure Puckster will be happy to witness. Yikes.

As they say, no good deed goes unpunished.
ellice

On 8/1/03 4:23 AM,"Anonymous Modelstitcher"

posted:

As a "former" modelstitcher for Nathalie, I am finding this thread VERY
interesting. Not that anyone really cares what my opinion is, but I
thought I'd share it anyway. Apologies in advance to anyone with

fragile
sensitivities--I'm upholding my right to free speech and GOWdom.

*snipping*

I know I'm going to go down in the burning flames of RCTN hell, and that
I've certainly damaged my own credibility in the process, but I'm

entitled
to not only my opinion but expressing it too, so you naysayers out there

can
just bring it on!

Modelstitcher Ex-Communicado

Old August 1st 03, 05:30 PM
Ellice

On 8/1/03 12:13 PM,"Pat Porter" posted:

LOL! I had one too, Ellice! I`d also like to add that I`m not the designer
that Victoria mentions, although one designer did email me to warn me about
her in a similar vein ages ago when the Gnat first arrived on the scene.

I can only say that the post must have really distressed her, and she sent
mails to whoever's address showed in the header reference chain.

However, since the same designer also warned me about Victoria ...... which
should at least give Victoria a laugh, since we get on fine even if we don`t
ALWAYS agree!

Well, I think that's true about many of us. We get along, despite our
disagreements about many subjects. Keeps life interesting.

As I say, I feel sorry for the poor girl (Gnat, not Viv), but I also feel
sorry for anyone involved.

It's a mess, as I understand it. Poor thing is clearly having problems, and
choosing to believe her mails to me, is trying to work things out so that
it's all sorted. I might not agree with her approach, but she assures me
that she's trying to do things which will settle her business obligations.
It might not be the best way, IMO, but at least it's something. Clearly,
she's dealing with some emotional fragility and taking too much to heart
what's said on a usenet group, well, that could do damage to anyone. I
think your guess might not be far off - but who knows.

Anyhow, I now really do have to go and do business errands - like pay the
county for my business license (which notice of renewal got lost in the
mail) and renew Puckster's tag. After all - if he's going to witness for me
- he must be legal! I've just been outside, and had my own little trauma - I
think puckster brought a rescue trophy to the back door. There appears to be
what looks like a dead little bird, and I cannot deal with dead wee things.
Or it's the strangest looking piece of tree branch I've ever seen. Puckster
doesn't ever attack any animals, but we've caught him standing guard over a
squirrel that fell from a nest before. Never chases the birds, though he
does like to look. So, I think he must've found it, and brought it to the
door for help. Yuck. Only the 2nd trophy he's ever brought to the door.

Oh, well. Happy stitchin' gang,
ellice

Old August 1st 03, 06:29 PM
Jan Lennie

Wasn't me either
!!!!!!!!
Jan ( I always use my own id)

Old August 1st 03, 07:17 PM
Meredith

Looking at the headers, it's clearly a different ISP than the one this
message was posted from. Nathalie really ought to figure out what she's
talking about before she starts slinging accusations.

Meredith

Old August 2nd 03, 01:27 PM
Pat Porter

Oh yeah - they were fun times, weren`t they? Once we realised that both of
us were grinning whilst burning holes in the keyboards? You`ve been so GOOD
lately!

Pat P

"animaux" wrote in message
What could anyone warn you about me? The moment we met we started out

fighting
cat claws out and all! Remember those days? It is sense of humor which
attracts me to people. If they have a good one, they are usually much

smarter
than most people.

Old August 5th 03, 12:01 AM
Dr. Brat

Ellice wrote:
Hey gang,

I have to throw in something. First, this person posted anonymously, which
has now caused a problem for me. As a result of this posting, Nathalie
evidently believes it was me - because in the header reference lines my 2
prior posts in the thread are cited. And now, as she is understandably upset
with what she perceives as untruths being published about her - she has
attributed this "anonymous" to me.

Well then, she needs to learn to read headers better. The anonymous
post originated at uswest.net, you post from cox.net, so it didn't come
from you unless you were using a different account.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old August 5th 03, 06:10 PM
Teri George

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 03:23:23 -0500, "Anonymous Modelstitcher"
wrote:

I was not altogether shocked a few short weeks ago when I received an
email/e-group notice that Nathalie was stopping her business.

Neither were we. Knowing Nathalie well from large numbers of group
dealings, we've worried for those involved with this venture from the
start.

I was quite surprised to learn in another post in the this thread that she
has reopened under another business name. I was even more surprised when I
went to her new website and under her "modelstitching" section, she is
actively recruiting new modelstitchers, yet no former modelstitchers for
NDMDC were allowed to apply, minus the select few that have already received
personal letters from her, as stated on the new website.

Just an FYI, I believe that Nathalie's previous company, NDMDC, was a
sole proprietorship. Therefore, she's personally responsible for all
debts. My understanding is that those debts can be discharged by
requesting the money from the new company. Check with your lawyer to
be sure.

We've already made private suggestions to a designer or two who have
had big losses from this. I wish you all the best in trying to
reclaim what is yours!

Teri ~~ Secure online shopping now available
at CraftSoft Publications/Design Encounters Kits
http://www.craftsoft.com
Remove "knot" to email.
Old August 5th 03, 06:13 PM
Teri George

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 11:42:28 +0100, "Pat Porter"
wrote:

I do hope that the model stitchers who have not been paid have held on to
any supplies they hold until/unless they ARE paid!

Agreed.

Old August 5th 03, 06:18 PM
Teri George

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 11:12:42 -0400, Ellice wrote:

As a result of this posting, Nathalie
evidently believes it was me - because in the header reference lines my 2
prior posts in the thread are cited.

Nope. Definitely not you. The anonymous poster posted from
news.uswest.net., whereas your post's path starts at cox.net.

As they say, no good deed goes unpunished.

((hugs))