Singer 600E Touch & Sew HELP:-(

Old December 5th 06, 01:03 PM
j0nese j0nese is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Singer 600E Touch & Sew HELP:-(

about 8 years ago my wife received a singer 600E sewing machine. To my surprise finally about a month ago she has started really using it. Even beginning to make nice dresses for the kids, stuff for the house etc.. Throughout the years we either never got the owners manual, or lost it:-( There is a problem now with it either sewing loose, bunching up, or getting caught up in the bobbin. Anyone that has any ideas what could be wrong, or send a copy of the manual would be greatly appreciated
Old December 5th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design

Default Singer 600E Touch & Sew HELP:-(

"j0nese" wrote in message

about 8 years ago my wife received a singer 600E sewing
machine. To my
surprise finally about a month ago she has started really using
it.
Even beginning to make nice dresses for the kids, stuff for the
house
etc.. Throughout the years we either never got the owners
manual, or
lost it:-( There is a problem now with it either sewing loose,
bunching up, or getting caught up in the bobbin. Anyone that
has any
ideas what could be wrong, or send a copy of the manual would
be
greatly appreciated

You'll find a manual he
http://www.sewusa.com/Sewing_Machine...ion_Manual.htm

As to the "sewing loose" problem, it is most likely a threading
error. Unthread the entire upper (needle) thread path, *clean
thoroughly*, including between the tension disks (use heavy
thread or ribbon), and re-thread with the presser foot in the
*up* position. It also pays to replace the needle with a new
one. Once you have done that, do a test run.

And once you have the manual, do a really good cleaning and
lubing, lint caught in any of the thread paths can cause major
headaches.

HTH,

Beverly