Best Way to Model this Shape?

Old October 13th 05, 06:38 AM
Greg Krynen

Default Best Way to Model this Shape?

For an even wedge try this...

Leave one side at table height (flat) on opposite side of clay (base of
wedge) have a stack of cards or other solid surface. Use a brayer or other
roller to smooth the clay along this incline creating an even wedge shape.

To match the curve...
Use similiar method to above but use a curved stack of cards or solid curved
shape of similiar size to the object.
Or cut and curve the wedge to match the object after creating a straight
wedge.

I hope one or both ideas helps you.

Greg Krynen
www.PurpleDragonGifts.com - Mythos and Beyond gifts
www.krynen.com - Forums, links and other information on lapidary, polymer
clay and other materials.

"J" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm new to modelling and need some advice. I want to make the shape
attached; the curve needs to fit to another object I already have,

Can anyone advise me the best way to go about making this shape? I would
just roll some clay flat and cut it out but the issues I'm not sure about

1) How to get the flat clay into an even wedge

2) How to match the curve to the object I already have (Which is roughly
spherical)

Any help or links would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Old October 14th 05, 08:28 AM
Robert Houghtaling

J wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to modelling and need some advice. I want to make the shape
attached; the curve needs to fit to another object I already have,

Can anyone advise me the best way to go about making this shape? I would
just roll some clay flat and cut it out but the issues I'm not sure about

1) How to get the flat clay into an even wedge

2) How to match the curve to the object I already have (Which is roughly
spherical)

Any help or links would be much appreciated!

Thanks

If I had to do this piece I wouldn't do it out of clay. It would be much
easier to do out of wood or plastic.

Robert