Needlepoint Software

Old December 19th 10, 08:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Maureen Grace-Miller

Default Needlepoint Software

Hi all,

Does anybody here make their own charts from photographs? I'm looking
to purchase a computer program such as PC Stitch for example, but would
like to know the quality / pricing and ease of use for the different
programs. I was using PhotoShop but a virus ended that option for me as
my PS CD is too old to run on this computer and I sure as heck can't
afford $700 + to chart my pics!

Thanks everybody,

Maureen
Old December 20th 10, 01:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Maureen Grace-Miller wrote:
Hi all,

Does anybody here make their own charts from photographs? I'm looking
to purchase a computer program such as PC Stitch for example, but would
like to know the quality / pricing and ease of use for the different
programs. I was using PhotoShop but a virus ended that option for me as
my PS CD is too old to run on this computer and I sure as heck can't
afford $700 + to chart my pics!

Thanks everybody,

Maureen

Jim Cripwell does this and I am sure he will respond. I'm not sure
which program he uses but he does some absolutely beautiful charts with
whatever it is. I think the only time he works from a commercial chart
is when he completes the stitching for another person! Wait about a bit
and he will respond to this pos. CiaoMeow ^;;^

--
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Old December 20th 10, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

Tia Mary ) writes:
Maureen Grace-Miller wrote:
[...]

I wrote to Maureen offline. Thanks for the posts. She will know I am
genuine. Jim.
Old December 21st 10, 07:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Maureen Grace-Miller

Maureen Grace-Miller wrote:
Hi all,

Does anybody here make their own charts from photographs? I'm looking
to purchase a computer program such as PC Stitch for example, but would
like to know the quality / pricing and ease of use for the different
programs. I was using PhotoShop but a virus ended that option for me as
my PS CD is too old to run on this computer and I sure as heck can't
afford $700 + to chart my pics!

Thanks everybody,

Maureen

Thank you everyone,

I e-mailed Jim off-group. What I was looking for a program for was to
'stitch' the family tree. Since this is a life-long project, I was just
looking for something simple yet half decent.

Maureen

Needlepoint [email protected] Marketplace 0 April 26th 07 02:48 PM
3D Software & NLE Software CDs ::::::: , updated 03/Feb/2005 futa Machine Knit 0 February 6th 05 07:14 AM
needlepoint BDS2pds Needlework 0 June 4th 04 07:47 PM
Needlepoint and me... Pirjo Ilvesvuori Needlework 3 January 22nd 04 10:55 AM
needlepoint in KC [email protected] Needlework 6 October 25th 03 12:55 AM