Saturday afternoon

Old November 17th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default Saturday afternoon

Well, here it is, the middle of November, and not a snowflake in sight.
This is very unusual for the prairies in Canada. We usually have snow by
Hallowe'en. Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining. It's weird to see
green grass on the septic field and DH is actually talking about trying to
get the ride-around started for a last mowing before the snow does set in.
That said, we don't have summer temps. We're at around 0° to -5° C most
days, and I have a fire blazing in the wood stove. What's really nice is
that I don't have to turn the furnace on yet. We're keeping warm strictly
by the wood stove.

I currently have 3 pairs of socks OTN.... 2 pair are sleeping temporarily
while I finish up the 3rd pair as a birthday gift for my dear daughter (who
will be 40 in a couple of weeks!!!). Yikes - my baby girl is turning 40!!!
I just can't wrap my head around that one. ;) She has also griped about
her slippers wearing out, so a replacement pair (to be felted) will be OTN
next. The socks will be sent with a huge Toblerone bar, and the slippers
with a Chocolate Orange. My baby LOVES chocolate.... I don't have much
more Christmas knitting to complete, so am happy about that.

I've started the Sally Melville Summer Sweater (from the Knit Stitch) for
myself, except I've cast it on out of a light wool/cashmere blend... not a
summer sweater. I love the look of it - loose and comfy, but am not making
it quite as baggy as the instructions call for. I'm too short for that.

What's everyone else up to?

Shelagh

Old November 17th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

Hi Shillelagh
wow different around your area for you then... we've had freezing fogs and
sunny days, although today a bit warmer has been overcast right up til about
half three, then of course the darker nights are upon us so the little bit
of sun started to slip down at around 4.45pm ((16.45)today, so it didn't
last long, and last night there was a drizzle of rain about, so that kept
the fog and the frost off.

Your baby is just three years my first baby's age, isn't it weird when you
look at them and find they've all grown up around you, in my case like great
tree's as I'm short and have to look up to all of them...LOL

I've done furry fun yarn teddies, haven't a pattern but don't need one, and
matching scarves for friends around the UK. I've also got the KM going and
have just put down some measurements to do another sweater this time for DH
and then ontop of all that been setting up a new router for the
laptop...like you do!! annoying.

higz Cher

Old November 17th 07, 07:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

... Yikes - my baby girl is turning 40!!!
I just can't wrap my head around that one. ;)

Our oldest is coming up to fifty :-(

Actually, I don't mind that so much, Nor that the oldest grandchildren are
twenty two, but when a son has his Silver Wedding Anniversary ... :-(

Mary

Old November 18th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Nov 17, 1:22 pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
[...]

I am doing mindless knitting right now, for an exchange. My Diamond
Fantasy
Shawl is on the circular needle, and I will be taking it home for the
holidays
as I think I will have more time to work on it there. I also have a
pair of Chutes
and Ladders socks started.
That's about it!

Higs,
Katherine
Old November 18th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Nov 17, 2:51 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Shillelagh" wrote in message

... Yikes - my baby girl is turning 40!!!
I just can't wrap my head around that one. ;)

Our oldest is coming up to fifty :-(

Actually, I don't mind that so much, Nor that the oldest grandchildren are
twenty two, but when a son has his Silver Wedding Anniversary ... :-(

LOLOL I remember the shock on my mother's face when she realized that
I was turning thirty (mumble) years ago. g

HIgs,
Katherine

Old November 18th 07, 12:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Katherine" wrote in message

What's everyone else up to?

I'm working on two corrugated caps, a set of teeny tiny dolls' house clothes
(long dress and pram suit for the twin babies, cabled sweater and trousers
for big brother and a party dress for Grandma), finishing a sweater for a 2
yr old grandson, just finished superb cobweb shawl for daughter in law and
have various bits of sewing on the go.

No, I'm not a paragon, I just get bored with working on the same things (the
miniature stuff requires good light and VERY good eyesight!) so shift
between one item and another. I want to get these things finished to make
some superb sweaters for our Arctic cruise next year - one will be the most
challenging thing I've ever knitted in sixty years :-)

My knitting is done for a couple of hours in the evening and an hour in the
afternoon, when I'm listening to radio drama etc. and I hate idle hands.

I've taken to photographing my work for future reference :-)

Mary

Old November 18th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

Mary did you get that book I mentioned for miniature knitting?? have you a
site or blog to look at your things?
Cheers.....cher

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

Old November 18th 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Nov 18, 4:41 am, "Y?" wrote:
what Katherine hasn't told you though is that it is her Birthday today...lol

Ssshhhh!!!! g

Higs,
Katherine
Old November 18th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Default Katherine's b-day WAS Saturday afternoon

On Nov 18, 12:11 pm, "YarnWright" wrote:
Y? spun a FINE 'yarn':

what Katherine hasn't told you though is that it is her Birthday today...lol

higz Cher

Well!!
Happy Birthday, then, Katherine, and many more!
Noreen

Thanks, treasure.

Higs,
Katherine

A fun afternoon Julia in MN Quilting 3 October 9th 06 12:59 PM
Saturday night was Saturday , we are ok Shillelagh Yarn 2 July 27th 06 07:24 AM
OT - Afternoon Funny Sharon Harper Quilting 2 February 8th 06 01:45 AM
Sunday afternoon [email protected] Yarn 26 October 31st 05 03:19 AM
OT Peacful afternoon! melinda Quilting 6 September 13th 05 01:58 AM