"Little box of sweaters"

Old May 21st 04, 06:46 PM
Sorceress

Default "Little box of sweaters"

I picked this up yesterday, it's just out from Martingale, "The little box of
sweaters". http://ssl2.adhost.com/patchwork/mer...pid=614&step=4

20 designs, and I liked at least 12 of them. I started on the "graceful
shell" http://www.martingale-pub.com/Catalog/B655_g3-2.jpg last night and
have to have it done by the end of next week. The yarn requirement looks,
feels, and smells like a huge mis-print, but I had my yarn shop set aside
extra yarn so I can complete it with the same dyelot.

The pattern is written with a front and a back, then sewn together. After a
careful reading of the pattern, I am doing it on a circular and will only
need to do a 3 needle bind off on the shoulders. I just hate seaming, and
avoid it when ever I can. Or that could be the laziness talking......

I started it last night because I needed something quick and easy to distract
me from the "Pink silk shawl of extreme hatred" (tm).
--
Regards,
--Anne

Remove DIESPAMBOTDIE to e-mail

Blog Info:
http://www.emptycauldron.com/weblog/musings.php
http://www.emptycauldron.com/weblog/atom.xml

Old May 21st 04, 08:57 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Anne,

Very pretty, what color are you doing it in?

Hugs,

Nora
Old May 21st 04, 11:38 PM
Sorceress

NoraBalcer opined thusly:

Hi Anne,

Very pretty, what color are you doing it in?

Hugs,

Nora

I'm doing it with Plymouth's Milano Mosaico #2185 (shades of
green/yellow/blue). http://www.discountyarnsale.com/PLYmosaico.jpg

It's turning out great! But the yardage requirements are a definate mis-
print. I've already burned through 220 yards and only have 5 inches or so
done.

Old May 22nd 04, 02:56 AM
JudyTurpin

OOO I like it-- I have been tempted to try a shell using a ribbon type yarn.
I hadn't seen this yarn. Should be great.
I'm doing it with Plymouth's Milano Mosaico #2185 (shades of
green/yellow/blue). http://www.discountyarnsale.com/PLYmosaico.jpg

It's turning out great! But the yardage requirements are a definate mis-
print. I've already burned through 220 yards and only have 5 inches or so
BRBR

JCT
Old May 22nd 04, 03:32 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Anne,

Lovely colors, but I do love all variegated colors. I'm glad you asked the
store to keep some of it for you, as you will probably need more.

Hugs,

Nora
Old May 22nd 04, 04:00 PM
MaryO

I have been in the authors' yarn shop... it's wonderful! They seem very
organized (as opposed to my other favorite yarn shop, packed to the
ceilings with lots and lots of stuff) and have a lot of quality items
and classes to offer.

Mary O.

Old May 22nd 04, 04:05 PM
Sorceress

NoraBalcer opined thusly:

Hi Anne,

Lovely colors, but I do love all variegated colors. I'm glad you asked
the store to keep some of it for you, as you will probably need more.

Hugs,

Nora

Yes indeed I'll need more. The pattern calls for (10) 44 yard balls of
Stacy Charles Bella double stranded. Unless you're making it for a baby,
that shell uses alot more than 440 yards of yarn. Heeeeee! I'm at gauge,
and I'll still need (10) 110(!) yard balls altogether (with a teeeeeny
hair left over) I'm estimating. Yay me, I'll get to be the first to report
errata!

I should have it done by tomorrow night if I apply myself.

Old May 24th 04, 02:35 AM
Kayrun

What a cute idea for a pattern book!
Laminated cards, instead!
That would lure me into buying it,
I'm sure!
Karen G.
(a sucker for any type of diff. packaging)

Used Second hand Blue Jeans $1.00, Levi's Jeans $4.00, Childrens Jeans $0.85, Mixed Clothing $0.40, Blouses $0.40, SweatShirts $0.40, Sweaters $0.38, Childrens Clothing $0.85, etc., etc Home of The Jeans for $1.00 Marketplace 0 July 15th 04 03:31 AM
Old sweaters Into the washing machine !!!!! Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 7 April 11th 04 04:56 AM
Sweaters Karen in MN Yarn 3 January 22nd 04 07:25 AM
Alice Starmore -- necks on fishermen sweaters H Schinske Yarn 7 August 23rd 03 07:21 PM
Designing Aran Sweaters Allaya Diep Yarn 2 July 11th 03 12:00 AM