Looking for a pattern

Old December 30th 10, 12:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
NDJoan

Default Looking for a pattern

Hi all!
A few of you might recognize this request, since I first asked it
on rctn. I didn't get much help there (quite a surprise!), so I
thought I'd pop in here since it's a knit/crochet question.

My sister is looking for a pattern to make slippers that look like
Converse sneakers, knit or crochet. Does anyone know of one, other
than the baby booties or knit tops attached to the rubber bottoms I've
found already on the 'net? My grandniece (the intended recipient) is
10.

TIA!

Joan
Old December 30th 10, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
lucille

"NDJoan" wrote in message
Hi all!
A few of you might recognize this request, since I first asked it
on rctn. I didn't get much help there (quite a surprise!), so I
thought I'd pop in here since it's a knit/crochet question.

My sister is looking for a pattern to make slippers that look like
Converse sneakers, knit or crochet. Does anyone know of one, other
than the baby booties or knit tops attached to the rubber bottoms I've
found already on the 'net? My grandniece (the intended recipient) is
10.

TIA!

Joan

If she used a very bulky yarn and got more stitches to the inch, instead of
the sport weight they call for, would that increase the size enough?

She could then just follow the instructions as given.

Lucille

Old December 30th 10, 05:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzeeq

Lucille wrote:

"NDJoan" wrote in message
Hi all!
A few of you might recognize this request, since I first asked it
on rctn. I didn't get much help there (quite a surprise!), so I
thought I'd pop in here since it's a knit/crochet question.

My sister is looking for a pattern to make slippers that look like
Converse sneakers, knit or crochet. Does anyone know of one, other
than the baby booties or knit tops attached to the rubber bottoms I've
found already on the 'net? My grandniece (the intended recipient) is
10.

TIA!

Joan

If she used a very bulky yarn and got more stitches to the inch, instead of
the sport weight they call for, would that increase the size enough?

She could then just follow the instructions as given.

Lucille

You wouldn't even need really bulky yarn, just increasing to a worsted
wieght and larger needles should work. Sport weight doubled is bulky, so
using worsted should get something about twice the size as the original.
Old January 1st 11, 01:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
NDJoan

On Dec 30, 10:01*am, suzeeq wrote:
Lucille wrote:

"NDJoan" wrote in message
[...]

Wow, great idea! I'd never thought of that! Thanks sooo much, both
to Lucille and you, Suzeeq!

Joan
Old January 1st 11, 04:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
lucille

Lucille wrote:

"NDJoan" wrote in message
[...]

Happy New Year. An important note to add is that it should read LESS
stitches to the inch and not more.

And that was written before I had the sip of wine for New Years Eve.
lol

Lucille

Old January 2nd 11, 11:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Kirsten Watson

In article ,
NDJoan wrote:
Hi all!
A few of you might recognize this request, since I first asked it
on rctn. I didn't get much help there (quite a surprise!), so I
thought I'd pop in here since it's a knit/crochet question.

My sister is looking for a pattern to make slippers that look like
Converse sneakers, knit or crochet. Does anyone know of one, other
than the baby booties or knit tops attached to the rubber bottoms I've
found already on the 'net? My grandniece (the intended recipient) is
10.

I've made the baby ones, but the ones I did have an adult version. It's
only available on Ravelry, though, but Ravelry is free. The pattern is
'Grown-Up Chucks Hi Top Sneaker Booties' and costs $6 for a pdf.

Hope that helps

Kirsten
Old January 3rd 11, 12:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
lucille

"Kirsten Watson" wrote in message
In article
,
NDJoan wrote:
Hi all!
A few of you might recognize this request, since I first asked it
on rctn. I didn't get much help there (quite a surprise!), so I
thought I'd pop in here since it's a knit/crochet question.

My sister is looking for a pattern to make slippers that look like
Converse sneakers, knit or crochet. Does anyone know of one, other
than the baby booties or knit tops attached to the rubber bottoms I've
found already on the 'net? My grandniece (the intended recipient) is
10.

I've made the baby ones, but the ones I did have an adult version. It's
only available on Ravelry, though, but Ravelry is free. The pattern is
'Grown-Up Chucks Hi Top Sneaker Booties' and costs $6 for a pdf.

Hope that helps

Kirsten

I just went and looked and apparently it's no longer available.

Lucille

Old January 3rd 11, 05:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
melb

NDJoan wrote:
[...]

Try this
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...neaker-booties

Also says on the link
"pdf link is experiencing problems

contact Michellenyc at Ravelry for pattern

kinda look like converse and other canvas high top sneakers"

Edna

Old January 3rd 11, 04:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzeeq

Lucille wrote:

"NDJoan" wrote in message
[...]

I just reread what I wrote, and I mistyped (or my brain was somewhere
else...). Sport weight doubled is worsted, is what I meant to say, so
the worsted with the right size needles on the same stitches would be
about twice the size as the little ones with sport yarn.

sue
Old January 4th 11, 05:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
NDJoan

On Jan 1, 9:37*am, "Lucille" wrote:

Happy New Year. * An important note to add is that it should read * LESS
stitches to the inch and not more.

Hadn't even noticed that! LOL

* *And that was written before I had the sip of wine for New Years Eve.
lol

Better than my coworker who posted on Facebook Happy 2012! ROTFL!!!!

Joan