Attn: Mirjam ....

Old October 22nd 09, 03:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

Default Attn: Mirjam ....

"Olwyn.Mary" wrote in message
Murielle wrote:

I have just been looking at the shawl under a magnifiying glass. I think
it must be man-made because of the way it's behaving. The fiber sticks
together, though I can separate it, but then it just sticks again. The
colour is a mix of blues and there appears to be a couple of nylon
strands mixed in with the fiber.

I used the baking soda in the water--not much, maybe half a cup in a
washer full of water--because I know baking soda softens water. The yarn
is rough and scratchy, it never used to be. I thought it would soften
the fibers. It didn't.

Murielle

In that case, I would definitely try a liquid fabric softener. They are
designed to smooth out made-made fibers. I would put a healthy dollop of
liquid fabric softener in a bowl or sink of fairly warm water, and leave
it to soak for a while, to make sure it gets into all the fibers.
Then I would rinse it in clear water, roll it in a towel to get out the
worst of the water and lay it flat to dry. I know that the folk who
rescue old dolls from yard sales and thrift stores, to clean them up and
dress them for charity, use this method every time for tangled doll hair.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

I've alergic to fragrance so I have to be really careful about products I
use, but I'll have a look around tomorrow to see if I can find a fabric
softener that is fragrance free.

Thanks, Mary.

Murielle

Old October 22nd 09, 03:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"Linda Lee" wrote in message
Can you use a spray bottle of water and ? and slowly pull it apart and
leave it flat? I wouldn't put it in the dryer.

It's not stuck together (I didn't explain that well) it's just the the
fibers stick together if they touch. It's like the little tiny fibers are
some how sticking to one another when they come in contact with one another.
It used to be really soft and sunggly and now, after over a decade of
neglect (on my part) it's rough and scratchy and sticks to itself.

I'm sure it doesn't help the situation that since developing an allergy to
fragrance I no longer use any dryer sheets or fabric softeners.

Thanks,
Murielle

Old October 22nd 09, 05:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

I'm sure it doesn't help the situation that since developing an allergy to
fragrance I no longer use any dryer sheets or fabric softeners.

Thanks,
Murielle

Murielle that is why i use Baby Sahmpoo , easy on materials and Non
alergic for me .
Old October 26th 09, 10:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"mirjam" wrote in message

I'm sure it doesn't help the situation that since developing an allergy
fragrance I no longer use any dryer sheets or fabric softeners.

Thanks,
Murielle

Murielle that is why i use Baby Sahmpoo , easy on materials and Non
alergic for me .

I will look for baby shampoo that doesn't have a fragrance.

Thank you,
Murielle

Mirjam [email protected] Yarn 2 January 13th 06 01:59 PM
Attn, Mirjam and Michelle norma woods Yarn 0 May 12th 05 06:08 PM
letter from Gemini, special attn: Mirjam norma woods Yarn 0 July 6th 04 07:06 PM
Mirjam? Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 3 October 28th 03 05:05 PM
ATTN: Mirjam Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 0 July 11th 03 02:49 PM