Presents galore this week, and thanks

Old August 31st 04, 07:37 PM
Michelle

Default Presents galore this week, and thanks

Hi everyone

I'm getting presents galore this week, it seems.

Hope sent me some beautiful boys crocheted sweater patterns (thanks again!),
someone else (I'm not sure she wants her name mentioned) said she'd send me
an unwanted copy of "from needles to hook" which I was coveting, and my MIL
just yesterday, during her unpacking, found her last winter's knitting
project and gave it to me when I fell in lust with it!

It's a beautiful throw-sized afghan done in a deep mossy green, with cables
and other fancy stitches. She says it's meant to have fringe, but that
she's not found the pattern and remaining yarn for it. I like it as is; no
fringe to tickle when I'm curled up in it. It feels as though it's a
cotton-blend yarn; so warm and cuddly, but with a little of that cotton
'crunch'.

Plus Dawn has been named as my 6x6 partner and I'm looking forward to her
beautiful squares!

So with all of the other bad things happening right now (DH is having some
neurological problems, we're both out of work with associated financial
problems, and our oldest DD has a birthday in a few days and we have no
means of party or nice present), I'm getting lots little boosts...I tell
you, I really needed that afghan MIL gave me...she loves it too, but
willingly gave it to me when she saw how in love with it I was. So I've had
a few cuddles with it to try and make that bad stuff disappear for a little
while.

Just wanted to pass on the thanks to the rcty-ers who have made these
offers, and to others who have emailed prayers my way....thank you.

Now I'm off to clean up my little guy, who has a face-ful of something
dirty! My laugh for the day, I guess
--
Michelle in St. John's
NL, Canada

Old August 31st 04, 07:54 PM
Rusty1215

I'm getting presents galore this week, it seems.

Hi Michelle,

It's nice to see that good things are happening to you to balance (sort of) the
bad ones. I hope that soon the scales will tip and the good things will win
out ! Keep your chin up .
Rusty from CT
^(-.-)^
Dusty the ShiPoo
Old August 31st 04, 09:34 PM
Michelle

Rusty1215 wrote in message
Hi Michelle,

It's nice to see that good things are happening to you to balance (sort

of) the
bad ones. I hope that soon the scales will tip and the good things will

win
out ! Keep your chin up .
Rusty from CT
^(-.-)^
Dusty the ShiPoo

I'm tryin' but it ain't easy....

--
Michelle in St. John's
NL, Canada

Old September 1st 04, 12:53 AM
Katherine

Michelle wrote:
Hi everyone

I'm getting presents galore this week, it seems.

snip

Great, Michelle! Now let's hope that your problems work out.

Katherine

Old September 2nd 04, 03:58 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Michelle - when you cuddle up in the afghan your MIL gave you I hope you
will be able to feel the prayers wrapped around you from us all as well -
they will keep going your way God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old September 2nd 04, 12:04 PM
Michelle

Gwendoline Kelly wrote in message
u...
Michelle - when you cuddle up in the afghan your MIL gave you I hope you
will be able to feel the prayers wrapped around you from us all as well -
they will keep going your way God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Thanks, Gwen

--
Michelle in St. John's
NL, Canada

Old September 3rd 04, 07:56 PM
Hope Burke

Our prayers are with you and your family in this time of financial
difficulty. I am sure there are many more people in this country, alone, who
are facing the same problems. Nevertheless, they are a major, major issue
when it concerns oneself. Remember this: "Trust in the Lord with all your
heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways
acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5&6
Hope in WA

Old September 4th 04, 12:51 AM
Michelle

Hope Burke wrote in message
Our prayers are with you and your family in this time of financial
difficulty. I am sure there are many more people in this country, alone,

who
are facing the same problems. Nevertheless, they are a major, major issue
when it concerns oneself. Remember this: "Trust in the Lord with all your
heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways
acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5&6
Hope in WA

Thank you, Hope.

--
Michelle in St. John's