Star Muddle - A vote???

Old August 24th 03, 07:17 PM
KittyG

Yes, I thought of that but I couldn't figure out how to do that then upload
it all to webshots, need to figure out how to do a webpage.

kitty in phx
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee
"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
It would be easier to compare if all three quilts were small on the same
page so we could see side by side. I can see 1, then go and see 2 & 3 side
by side.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

Old August 24th 03, 07:22 PM
KittyG

Great guns indeed! Had to get some practice in paper piecing first and
work out how to do it, these blocks are quite demanding in accuracy. Now
it's starting to come together, isn't it great when you can make these
beautiful things a reality? Don't even ask how I plan to quilt this yet
tho....

kitty in phx
~finally off the drawing board~
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee
"Pati Cook" wrote in message
With the background behind the stars being "light" I would not use number

2 for
the stars..... the white points won't show as well. Why not alternate 1

and 2?
Or will that work, I forgot to count how many stars you have....

Pati, in Phx
(You are going great guns on this aren't you??)

Old August 24th 03, 07:24 PM
Julia in MN

I vote for #3

Julia in MN

KittyG wrote:
I need some opinions here please...don't be shy

I started a new quilt, Star Circle, and am now putting together the first
star block. The diamond segments are not sewn together yet and as I was
playing around with them (as one is wont to do at 2:00 am) I found two other
combinations that I thought I liked just as much, if not better, and I am
now thoroughly muddled (and morning probably will not help that much) so it
is decision time here and I need some help deciding please.

The photos are at http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee listed
as Star Blocks 1, 2 and 3 along with the EQ5 quilt pic for each.

Thanks, don't you just hate these mental roadblocks???

kitty in phx
~taking two chocolates and going to bed~

http://mail.chartermi.net/~jaccola/

Old August 24th 03, 07:29 PM
KittyG

WOW!! That border design looks great and certainly does contribute to the
design more than just "framing" it!! I haven't really focused on borders, I
really like that effect. Thanks, I might just do that!

kitty in phx
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee
"DeB Shaw" wrote in message
I liked 'em all, Kitty ....
.... but I chose SC1, and played around with the border awhile. I couldn't
resist the temptation to give it a little more flow. grins
Here's a pic for ya:
http://projectrescuers.com/star-circle1.jpg

Now you can make even more decisions, decisions, decisions. Meanwhile,

I've
gotta' take DH some lunch and get to work painting a ceiling. Play

morning's
over.

Can't wait to see your final quilt pix. ;^)

DeB Shaw
Queen of the *Northern*Lights*

-----

We can make YOU the HERO!
http://www.ProjectRescuers.com

-----

Old August 24th 03, 07:30 PM
Queen of Squishies

Well, something like this is strictly personal taste here, and I don't claim
to really know that much about color. But I like number three the best.
Pleasing and easy to look at.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old August 24th 03, 07:37 PM
KittyG

Double take here DeB, how did you do that? (technically - copy the pic,
change format? can't be imported to EQ5 unless it is bitmap, then can only
be pasted, not modified...so I thought hmmm)

kitty in phx
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee

Old August 24th 03, 07:45 PM
Pat in Virginia

Wendy and Ann are right. Go with #2!! Here's what I think: #2,
#1, #3. I might like #2 even better if you swap the reds and
blues in those stars. Same value placement, just swap out to have
more red. IMO, #2 has more life and movement. TTFN.

PAT in VA/USA

frood wrote:

Well, so far I'm in the minority! I like #2. The others have the focus in
the center of the star, and this one is bigger visually. I like the subtle
texture created in the center, with the red and blue, and the white on the
outside makes the star shine.

Old August 24th 03, 08:35 PM
sdgodfrey

I think they're all beautiful, but I vote for # 3.

--
Sherri G in Kentucky
http://community.webshots.com/user/sdgodfrey

Old August 24th 03, 09:22 PM
Neeej

3...no, 2...no, 3....oh foo, now you've got me muddled too
-- Jean S

Lindy Star Stones Joy Beads 5 March 28th 04 05:43 AM
Free Christmas Gift & Star Designs Secrets of Embroidery Marketplace 0 December 22nd 03 08:40 AM
Free Christmas Gift & Star Designs Secrets of Embroidery Marketplace 0 December 22nd 03 08:39 AM
Moravian star assembly Wayne E. Pfeffer Glass 0 December 4th 03 06:05 PM
Vote for breast cancer calendar art Pat in Virginia Quilting 1 July 28th 03 09:47 PM