Star Muddle - A vote???

Old August 24th 03, 12:50 PM
Jennifer Hepworth

Kitty, Here is my opinion: #2 makes the quilt top look like a muddle
- not my choice; #1 is solid and I liked the circle effect it made but
#3 is lighter and the circle illusion line is much clearer. The
secondary pattern lines in #3 are also more defined.
My order of preference is 3-1-2
Jennifer in Ottawa
------
Group: rec.crafts.textiles.quilting Date: Sun, Aug 24, 2003, 3:18am
(EDT-3) From: (KittyG)
I need some opinions here please...don't be shy
I started a new quilt, Star Circle, and am now putting together the
first star block. The diamond segments are not sewn together yet and as
I was playing around with them (as one is wont to do at 2:00 am) I found
two other combinations that I thought I liked just as much, if not
better, and I am now thoroughly muddled (and morning probably will not
help that much) so it is decision time here and I need some help
deciding please.
The photos are at =A0
http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee
listed as Star Blocks 1, 2 and 3 along with the EQ5 quilt pic for each.
Thanks, don't you just hate these mental roadblocks???
kitty in phx
~taking two chocolates and going to bed~

Old August 24th 03, 01:11 PM
Shstringfellow

Default Star Muddle - A vote???

Yes, I think I like #3 as well- it seems to "pop" more than the others somehow.
SueS
Old August 24th 03, 01:41 PM
The Nielands

Kitty,

I like #1. It seems to "glow" more than the others -- almost like a real
star.

Louise in Iowa

The photos are at http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee

Old August 24th 03, 02:09 PM
frood

Well, so far I'm in the minority! I like #2. The others have the focus in
the center of the star, and this one is bigger visually. I like the subtle
texture created in the center, with the red and blue, and the white on the
outside makes the star shine.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old August 24th 03, 02:31 PM
N7dland

I like Star #3.

DeAnna

Old August 24th 03, 02:58 PM
Valerie in FL

Old August 24th 03, 03:34 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Star1 is speaking to me, but no matter which one you chose, I'll love it.
You have my snail?

(Love your other quilts as well....)
--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

Old August 24th 03, 03:34 PM
Patti

Hullo Kitty
Replying before I've read anyone else's!! as usual!

I had to choose between 1 and 3. On balance, I think I like 3 best of
all, with the rings of colour alternating.
..
In article Kh02b.17713$cj1.10184@fed1read06, KittyG
writes
I need some opinions here please...don't be shy

I started a new quilt, Star Circle, and am now putting together the first
star block. The diamond segments are not sewn together yet and as I was
playing around with them (as one is wont to do at 2:00 am) I found two other
combinations that I thought I liked just as much, if not better, and I am
now thoroughly muddled (and morning probably will not help that much) so it
is decision time here and I need some help deciding please.

The photos are at http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee listed
as Star Blocks 1, 2 and 3 along with the EQ5 quilt pic for each.

Thanks, don't you just hate these mental roadblocks???

kitty in phx
~taking two chocolates and going to bed~

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Lindy Star Stones Joy Beads 5 March 28th 04 05:43 AM
Free Christmas Gift & Star Designs Secrets of Embroidery Marketplace 0 December 22nd 03 08:40 AM
Free Christmas Gift & Star Designs Secrets of Embroidery Marketplace 0 December 22nd 03 08:39 AM
Moravian star assembly Wayne E. Pfeffer Glass 0 December 4th 03 06:05 PM
Vote for breast cancer calendar art Pat in Virginia Quilting 1 July 28th 03 09:47 PM