Festival of Quilts UK - RCTQ meet

Old August 25th 03, 10:27 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

Glad to hear you made it back to Munich in one piece with all your
ill-gotten gains!

And thank you for bringing the liebkuchen - they were scrummy - Paul
voted his exceedingly nice too!

So - when you next coming over? and can we tempt you under the pier?

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK

Old August 26th 03, 01:55 PM
Roberta Zollner

Hmmm -that wonderful photo just got back from the developer this very
morning! Now I wonder, have you bribed me enough??? I'll have to give this
some thought VBEG
Roberta in D

" Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!
Lovely to see you all, as well as the quilts.
Roberta, you look a lot like you did in Ft.Worth! g
Cool and smiling, with some tea sitting close at hand.
Thanks, Suz, for the pictures, all of them,
you lovely young sweetie, you!
Ragmop/Sandy--hoping I've bribed Roberta enough to not
show the pic from F.W.

"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message
Thanks -we can always count on you for good photos! Especially Pat's

quilt
:-)
And you have a lot I didn't have (no guarantee mine will come out

either).
Roberta in D

"Paul & Suzie Beckwith" You wanted pics - I've just uploaded pics to

my
webshots album -
including Patti's quilt - hope thats ok Patti!

Gosh they were scrummy quilts - wish I could go back and look at them
all again! (And the 600 or so that I didn't get time to see...)

Suzie B

Old August 26th 03, 06:25 PM
Butterfly

She may have THOUGHT she bribed you enuf--but what would it take for US
to bribe you to show it?
Email is fine too hehehheeeee
Butterfly (not headin fer the rafters today)

Old August 27th 03, 05:05 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
I was thinking of loading up the Cruiser and heading over
to your brother's place, dropping off a load of stuff.
Now, that's not a bribe but a threat. Ready to think again?
VBG
That's the trouble w/ these RCTQ meets, spreading knowledge! ;-D

Ragmop/Sandy--it's always good to know a few skeletons in the closet

"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message
Don't know -what's your best offer?
Roberta in D

Old August 27th 03, 05:38 AM
Butterfly

MY Yukon is BIGGER than YOUR Cruiser......and it HAS a trailer hitch and
there is a TRAILER in the backyard
Roberta, she is 'just thinking'
Butterfly (sides I have ROSES in bloom that I could----not making rose
jelly this year---)

Old August 27th 03, 06:19 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 20:21:08 -0400, Pat in Virginia
wrote:

Suzie,
Great pictures ... thanks. In the first group of photos, near the
end, you mention back to front quilts. I always think that means
one would quilt by following the design on the BACK of the quilt,
so the top will mirror the print of the back fabric. Is this what
you mean? Please explain. Thanks.
PAT

Actually I don't know what this technique is called, but the basic
premis is that you get a bunch of squares and stitch 'em together into
a block, pressing the seams every which way but loose, then put the
back of the quilt on display rather than the front...

I think it looks exceedingly tacky and leaves me feeling rather
unnerved - does it mean that the seams on the front are so bad that
the maker decided to show off the back instead? loose threads and all?

Can anyone enlighten me on this please?

Suzie B

Old August 27th 03, 06:27 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

Hmm, have to see about that...

....as long as it doesn't involve driving around the Brussells
ring-road again...

How much are cheap flights and where is your nearest airport?

Suzie B

Old August 27th 03, 06:39 PM
Pat in Virginia

Not quite every week Ms. Suzie! G But you must remember that
y'all can drive to just about any show in ... what 15 hours. It
takes DAYS to get across this land. Same for our northern
neighbor, and the land of Oz. But let's just count shows that you
can reach in about one day drive ... say 8 hours. I personally do
not live especially close to many show ... MAQF, Feb (20 miles!);
Lancaster PA, Apr (8 hours); Gettysburg PA, Aug (8 hours); Fort
Washington, PA (8 hours). Sheesh ... I need to move to
Pennsylvania! I did like your pictures, thanks.
PAT in VA/USA

Paul & Suzie Beckwith wrote:

Thanks Deena - I just wanted to show that here in the UK we do
occasionally get a good quilt show - wheras in the States you seem to
have one a week!!

Suzie B
(green with jealousy...)