Latest and greatest

Old September 2nd 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BonnieBlue

Default Latest and greatest

Thursday night I finished my first sock. Fits perfectly. The same night I
got the second one cast on and got a couple of rows done.

I am trying to finish cross stitching a piece that will be made into a
pillow for a friend who is turning 40 at the end of October. It is a
pattern of Mary Engelbreit's "Home is Where the Heart Is" but I changed the
colors to go with the friend's sofa. Navy background, instead of black,
with the lettering done in ecru instead of white and the scattered hearts
done in two shades of red, two shades of green, and gold. It has a red
border around it.

Also, I have another cross stitch going that will be a Christmas gift. It
is acorns and an alphabet in a circle which will become a top for a handmade
basket (that I purchased). And then there's that NYCO...

Back to my sock: I got the toe grafted just fine but ended up with two
little points at each end of my grafting. Any suggestions to avoid that on
future socks?

BonnieBlue

"YarnWright" wrote in message
What's everyone working on?
Hugs,
Noreen

who knows there are 2 people who are going to ask: what is the
purpose of this question, because apparently, THEY have something to
hide, I guess!

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0635-3, 08/31/2006
Tested: 8/31/2006 11:33:42 AM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old September 3rd 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Hi Erin: Please tell me, where did you find the skull beads??
Also, have you seen the patterns for the Skull socks and Skull hat
from Hello Yarn's site? She has a bunch of fun free patterns on her
blog.
Marie and the cats

Erin wrote:
Eastern Edge wrote:

What, exactly, is 'so cool' about wrist warmers? In August in the
Northern Hemisphere? Well, besides the fact that one pair has (ugh)
fuzz trim and the other is camoflage?

Well, they are funky! :-)

I make felted wrist warmers (think felt bracelet but wider, like a
cuff) and sew beads on them. The ones with the plastic skull beads are
popular with Harri's 3 nephews. I hope their school mates might be
interested enough to want to buy some from me!

Erin
http://arkivarie.livejournal.com/

Old September 3rd 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Erin
All the best wishes for you exhibition .
mirjam m
e:

Erin skrev:

YarnWright wrote:
What's everyone working on?

I've also started crocheting another, round bag but haven't gotten too
far on that project yet. We had a meeting at the Kommun (like an
American county or English council) about the Art Night event at the
end of this month. They are a bit disorganized I'm afraid and I've been
a bit frustrated. At least we finally got the magazine/program they've
printed up!

And even the ding-dang corrections to the magazine have mistakes!!!
AAAAaarrrrggggghhhh!!!!! (can you tell that I am frustrated?)

They have my exhibit listed in the wrong location in the original mag
and then the corrected version as well! Guess I'll have to make-up some
extra notices on poster board to put around my neighborhood so folks
can find-out where I REALLY am exhibiting! Not like I might be busy
felting and crocheting textile art or anything like that!

Soon I can post again about my "latest and greatest" nervous breakdown.
Ha ha ha!

:-)

Erin

Old September 3rd 06, 06:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 09:19:13 -0500, BonnieBlue spun a fine yarn

[...]

Bonnie, CONGRATS and WHHHHOOOOOOHHHOOOOO's for your first pair of sox!
Hugs,
Noreen
Oh, when grafting, to avoid those little 'jesterhattypethingies', do
the first two and last two stitches together...

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0635-4, 09/01/2006
Tested: 9/3/2006 12:15:34 AM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old September 3rd 06, 10:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Erin

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen skrev:

Erin
All the best wishes for you exhibition .
mirjam m

Thank you! I think things are a little bit more under control on my end
at least. I have some exciting artworks underway (I hope!!!) and will
just do the best I can.

The people putting on the festival are well-intentioned folk with poor
organizational skills I'm afraid. I'll just do what I can to help-out
with the publicity and otherwise will focus on MY artwork since that is
something I can control. Ironically, I used to work at this Kommun and
can't help thinking to myself that they should have hired me for a
permanent position since I am good at organizing events! C'est la vie!

Erin

Old September 3rd 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

The last few days I have been working on preparations for my son's
wedding and enjoying my daughter and granddaughter. Things are very
quiet in the house this morning - so I am taking a few minutes to catch
up a bit. The weather was glorious yesterday so the wedding was
outside and the guests really only came in to get food and take it back
outside - so my housecleaning was either a) unnecessary or b) good for
the week instead of having to be redone. I don't think anyone but my
own family came in the family room where I am at the moment (GDG#1 is
sleeping in my office so I am on a laptop) The bride and groom were
whisked off to a hotel and are leaving for Spain on a honeymoon. We
are planning a very quiet day with remaining family members here at
home.

I have several baby sweaters on the needles - one for an auction and
one for a colleagues baby. DGD#2 looked at the tied shrug pattern and
wants one but hasn't picke a color yet. I have the silk yarn and the
pattern for the celtic knot sweater but haven't had a chance to ask DD
if she would like me to make it for her (otherwise I will make it in a
larger size for me (somehow I decided to get enough yarn for that
option)

I do plan to do a simple sweater for Afghans for Afghans this month and
also some hats for my nieces kindergartners. (My sister and I have been
making hats and mittens for Sarah's kids - they are in a very rural
area of Iowa and sometimes come without mittens or hats for playing
outside. They love the stripey ones that result from stash remnants) I
also plan some fingerless gloves for DD from the yarn remaining from a
sweater I made her.

DGD#2 is looking for a crochet projects (she loved the aminagurumis (or
whatever they are called) that I started her on at Nana camp. I showed
her the simple skull cap pattern and I am sure she can do that. I
brought her a crochet book for kids the last time I visited and she has
been having fun with it. (She is 12)

All is well here. Judy

Old September 3rd 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"BonnieBlue" wrote in message
Noreen, thanks for the tip on the toes! :-)

BonnieBlue

It's a great tip, and one I learned a few years ago. Works great!

Shelagh

Old September 3rd 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 12:31:03 -0500, BonnieBlue spun a fine yarn

Noreen, thanks for the tip on the toes! :-)
BonnieBlue

You're welcome!
That's what we're ALL here for, giving tips and receiving them!
Hugs,
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0635-4, 09/01/2006
Tested: 9/3/2006 12:38:37 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006