YLI Glow bug thread

Old August 3rd 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
A&T

Default YLI Glow bug thread

any experience?

Good stuff? bad? I was thinking about getting some for a Halloween
quilt in my head with fabrics from Wendy's swap last year!

I love fondling fabric!!

I'd love to hear from those who have used it.

thanks,
Tricia
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii
Old August 3rd 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KI Graham

It's got a neat effect, but it's a bit shreddy to work with...I ended up
using a Metafil needle with it. Do remember the glow is "heat activated", so
if the quilt is folded up, the glowworm won't glow. I used it to outline the
letters in Marnina's Fish Farm and to do "hidden" writing on the bottom of
Emily's Go Fish quilt.
http://www.members.shaw.ca/whiskerwe...fish/index.htm

Their mom says she can see bits of the writing as she goes to tuck them in
at night!

--
Kim Graham
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham

nk.net...

Old August 3rd 06, 07:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jenn/Jalynne

I really like using this stuff. It lasts pretty well as long as you don't
put anything hot like an iron on it. I used it to outline stars on a flag
quilt, and that was 5 years ago. I've machine washed and dried it on
gentle/low, and it still glows.

--
Jenn/Jalynne
quilting, beads, scrapbooking, cross stitch and other 'crafti' obsessions

Old August 3rd 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
A&T

What adorable little girls and cute, cute, cute quilts.

Thanks for the information.

Old August 3rd 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Don/Gen

I used it to embroider clock numbers and DGS name on 2 clocks. Really does
glow-a lot.
Gen

"A&T" wrote in message
nk.net...
any experience?

Good stuff? bad? I was thinking about getting some for a Halloween
quilt in my head with fabrics from Wendy's swap last year!

I love fondling fabric!!

I'd love to hear from those who have used it.

thanks,
Tricia
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

Thread about thread. ~KK in BC~ Quilting 18 August 31st 05 05:17 AM
Machines and thread question muse9 Quilting 69 October 1st 04 09:44 AM
Glow Bug Thread C & S Quilting 1 August 25th 04 03:09 AM
Glow in the dark thread frood Quilting 8 October 13th 03 08:20 PM
Xmas ornament pattern Laurie Beads 1 July 6th 03 04:21 PM