Meshwork - for those who asked

Old July 31st 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default Meshwork - for those who asked

A few people have contacted me about the Meshwork book I
just bought so I have posted the front and back covers on
Webshots so you can see some meshwork and the ISBN

http://tinyurl.com/otdzp

The book also has a wavy version made up as a vest, but from
the pictures (I don't read Japanese) this seems to have been
done by ironing a stabiliser onto two fabrics, cutting them
into wavy strips in opposing directions, and then weaving
them together and stitching to hold.

You can try this with paper strips, and thin ribbons make
nice miniatures. If you are looking for books, there are
some on meshwork on German and French sites, and you can
also search on woven ribbons.

This book came from -
http://tinyurl.com/oy4pn
but the promised English instructions were not in my book.
I am waiting for an email from them. But the pictures
should be enough to follow the methods.

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

Old July 31st 06, 08:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Ooh!
As I read this, I remembered the small stash of quarter inch ribbon I
have - with, of course, the potential to get more. That would be so
much neater than the bulky strips from the bias-strip makers (though I
*love them)
Thanks Cheryl.
I have SO many things in my mind to 'do' after the pressures of this
year that next will perhaps be as bad gg
..
In message , Cats
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 2nd 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

http://tinyurl.com/sx6xb

For those wondering how to do this from a Japanese book (and
I haven't found any books in English over the years), the
Clover retailer in Australia has a free download with basic
instructions in English. It's not much, but does provide
some illustrations and instructions to describe the basic
concept.

HTH

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

"Cats" wrote in message
:A few people have contacted me about the Meshwork book I
: just bought so I have posted the front and back covers on
: Webshots so you can see some meshwork and the ISBN
:
: http://tinyurl.com/otdzp
:
[...]
: --
:
: Cheryl & the Cats
: _ _ _ _ _ _
: ( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
: ~ ~ ~
: http://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest

Old August 2nd 06, 07:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I have found this book, online, in bookshops in Italy, France, Germany,
Sweden, Finland, Switzerland ... ...
*BUT* all the websites are, of course!, in their own languages.
Occasionally, I have tried clicking the 'translate this page', but it
doesn't seem to work. The price they are asking is quite reasonable (in
Euros)

Last evening I was getting on wonderfully with the Italian site (Latin
education!) and was almost there on the order form, until I came to a
'field' that was purely initials so I couldn't guess it. Grrrr... g
I'm going to have another go at the French site today (it is so slow to
load that I had to give up last night - late g)

I'm not sure whether determination or frustration has the upper hand at
the moment!!!
..
In message , Cats
writes

Old August 2nd 06, 10:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

If desperation sets in the book is $60AUS out here and I can
post it for you LOL

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

"Patti" wrote in message
[...]
: .
: In message , Cats

: writes
: http://tinyurl.com/sx6xb
:

Old August 2nd 06, 11:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Thanks so much, Cheryl! Such a kind offer.
I'm not quite at "desperation" yet; but it might yet come g
I'm well known only to be patient with pieces of fabric.
..
In message , Cats
writes

Old August 2nd 06, 03:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

This wouldn't work for me! : (
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

Old August 2nd 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

http://www.craftmailbox.com.au/_Free...EE%20DOWNLOADS

Try this.

This is the Australian site I got my book from. The
download is a small brochure on meshwork that they include
with the book - which is all in Japanese.
--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _
Enness Boofhead Donut
Now in hibernation with a wake-up call for Spring!
catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

"Sally Swindells"
wrote in message
: This wouldn't work for me! : (
: --
: Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)
: http://community.webshots.com/user/sallyswin
:
: On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:11:58 +1000, "Cats"
wrote:
:
: http://tinyurl.com/sx6xb
:

Old August 2nd 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Thanks again for this offer Cheryl.

Well ... !
I did try the French bookshop this afternoon, and managed to get through
the ordering process. I even put a little note (in French g) in the
place supplied, explaining it was my first order.
I *did* get an e-mailing confirming the order (automatic I imagine).
Now we'll just have to see whether any problems are encountered when
they (humans) process the order!

So far - je suis tres heureuse!!
..
In message , Cats
writes

Old August 2nd 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Thanks - I've got it now and printed it out.

A chance to use the fusible web bias tape maker that is still in its
packet!
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 03:58:33 +1000, "Cats" wrote:

http://www.craftmailbox.com.au/_Free...EE%20DOWNLOADS

Try this.

This is the Australian site I got my book from. The
download is a small brochure on meshwork that they include
with the book - which is all in Japanese.

wreath pics posted for those who asked susiegibson Beads 9 November 4th 04 04:23 AM
Someone asked about web hosting . . . Kalera Stratton Beads 0 June 17th 04 07:40 AM
You asked for it: Pics Tinkster Beads 37 January 21st 04 05:59 AM
AD: Mel asked me to post this Dr. Sooz Beads 0 July 17th 03 11:30 PM