OT no thanks - Long

Old May 2nd 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT no thanks - Long

Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote:
Polly, I'm with you. I haven't felt right about the recent flurry of public
thank yous here.

Well, see, I don't like the public thank yous either. But the problem
with anonymous squishies, is that I was raised it's Proper to say thank
you. And I don't know if it's a sender who doesn't want a public thank
you unless they said something in the squish.

So that's *the only* reason I published a public thanks to the anonymous
squisher.

-georg
Old May 2nd 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Thanks On Topic OT no thanks - Long

Howdy!
Ya' know, it wouldn't occur to me
to skip the private thank you when a goody arrives.
There again, just common, learned-before-kindergarten courtesy
to say, "Thank you!" If it's got a return addy,
the thank you note is the first thing sent, once I can tear
myself away from fondling/oohing/ahhhing/drooling. ;-D

Btw, Thanks, KathyA, for the painting advice,
and the pic of the pipe painter. *sigh*
Some of us just get our jollies in different ways. ;-P

Ragmop/Sandy

On 5/2/06 10:25 AM, in article
, "Kathy Applebaum"
wrote:

"Sandy Ellison" wrote in message
Doesn't bother me, either, that different opinions are expressed here.
Esp. when NO OFFENSE is intended.

And I'll express one, with no offense intended! *grin*

When I send a squishy, I prefer to receive a private note. Why? Because I
like to know it was received, and since I don't read every single message on
the newsgroup, I easily miss public thanks. Beyond that, it doesn't bother
me one way or the other if thanks are public or private.

But I wholeheartedly agree with you about the best way to get squishies is
to get yourself to the post office. Hey, I can throw a pity party with the
best of them. But you know what? No one else shows up, and I don't have a
very good time, even if I do get all the ice cream for myself. Life's too
short. I'd rather spend it quilting and bringing a smile to someone else.

Old May 2nd 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Giving thanks OT no thanks - Long

Howdy!

Yeah, I used to repeat that part of the FAQs, too,
until I realized the person who expressed that opinion and made that rule
her own self doesn't even come to RCTQ anymore and hasn't for several years.
She decided; others didn't. ;-)

Give thanks. Move the mouse.

Cheers!

Ragmop/Sandy -- ...when I think of some of the 100s of posts here that have
nothing to do w/ quilting or sewing, I don't really see what the
problem is with saying Thank You, esp. when the Subject Line says
"Thanks" or "Squishie Thanks" G

On 5/2/06 11:22 AM, in article zHL5g.928397$x96.731878@attbi_s72, "Karen,
Queen of Squishies" RisingStars @ KarenTucker.com wrote:

This was in the FAQ's which were just posted again yesterday, as they are
from time to time.

When you get a chance to welcome someone else, or you see a piece that
reminds you of someone on RCTQ, send your own 'no reason' squishie. It all
manages to come back to you, in one form or another. One thing seems to be
agreed-upon, however: PLEASE acknowledge the receipt of your squishie, and
do so privately (through e-mail, not through this newsgroup). Whether you've
received the fabric as a result of a swap, or as a surprise gift, the sender
needs to know you've received it (but *only* the sender--no one else is
interested). These same guidelines apply to sending squishies: if you wish
to alert people to be on a lookout for some fabric, do so privately through
e-mail. Sometimes it happens that the only way you can contact someone is
through RCTQ. In that case, please refer to first names or e-mail addresses
only. Many people have no wish to have their last names known or made public
on/through the newsgroup.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
should we change the FAQ's?

A while back, it was
decided not to publicly thank or acknowledge squishes on the group.
Gen

Old May 2nd 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Kathy, never ever repeat that in front of my DH. He has no idea that if you
have a pity party, you get to eat all of the ice cream. We, just maybe,
have a scoop of ice cream per year; it's a mighty big 'no-no' around here.
Have mercy. He would become a Party Animal of One. Polly

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote, in part (Or I think it was Kathy, the messages
got rather mixed up coming in)

Old May 2nd 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Sandy Ellison" wrote in message
Btw, Thanks, KathyA, for the painting advice,
and the pic of the pipe painter. *sigh*
Some of us just get our jollies in different ways. ;-P

Cuz it's not like the Phillies have been giving you a lot to be jolly about.
Not that I should talk. Today's comics had a crack about the Cubs pitching
staff. A well-deserved one. ;-)

Glad to be of service!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old May 2nd 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Way to go, my friends. We are able to disagree without being disagreeable.
Our mothers would be proud. Polly

Old May 2nd 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT Pity Party Foods (was Thanks On Topic OT no thanks - Long)

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
nk.net...
Kathy, never ever repeat that in front of my DH. He has no idea that if
you have a pity party, you get to eat all of the ice cream. We, just
maybe, have a scoop of ice cream per year; it's a mighty big 'no-no'
around here. Have mercy. He would become a Party Animal of One. Polly

I'm allergic to milk, so it's soy ice cream anyways at my pity parties. More
often it's sorbet. At my last pity party, it was a sliced up apple and a
diet root beer -- how pathetic. ;-)

Old May 2nd 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Wouldn't they, though?
big, cheesy, gator-grinnin'

Karen, Queen of Squishies
proud of us

ink.net...

Old May 2nd 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

At my last pity party, it was a sliced up apple and a
diet root beer -- how pathetic. ;-)

Were you still upset and pitiful after that treat? Sheesh woman let me
know when the chocolate stores are so low. Apple and diet soda, that's
desperate times.

marcella
Old May 2nd 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

That was exactly my problem, too, Georg.
I have only ever sent private thank yous before; and I spent two days
trying every which way to figure out the postmark and search through the
directory, to no avail. So my thank you had to go through the group.
Not only is it 'proper', but I was grateful and *wanted* to say thank
you.
It is a bit difficult to know what to do for the best.
..
In message , Georg
writes
Well, see, I don't like the public thank yous either. But the problem
with anonymous squishies, is that I was raised it's Proper to say thank
you. And I don't know if it's a sender who doesn't want a public thank
you unless they said something in the squish.

So that's *the only* reason I published a public thanks to the
anonymous squisher.

-georg

--
Best Regards