in 2006

Old December 27th 05, 01:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default in 2006

Polly Esther wrote:
There are a few things I'm going to try in 2006 in addition to remembering
to write 2006 on my checks. I have always been going to get around to a
feathered something or a pineapple. Toile has been calling to me but this
is going to be the year that I make a quilt with one. I've never made a
quilt using circles or curves. Yes, I'm going to try those too. You have a
few days to ponder while you clean up the holiday rubble but we would like
to know what new adventure beckons you. Up until now, this is on topic but
feel free to wander. Baltimore, anyone? Kaleidoscope? Bungee jumping?
Polly

I'm going to be better organized with paid projects.
I'm going to finish a few UFO's...
I'm going to complete my tax return!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Old December 27th 05, 01:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

going global with my patterns (can't say more ....*that* would be
advertising lol)

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old December 27th 05, 01:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sky dive? That's right, I already did that. g I would like to get my
craft room organized to where it can be used for more than storage. Then
maybe I can finish some of this pile of WIPS and HOGS. I have 2 quilts
started for beds in our house...our bed and guest bed. I would like to get
them done.

--
Mary (Idaho to Oregon via Montana)

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
k.net...
: There are a few things I'm going to try in 2006 in addition to remembering
: to write 2006 on my checks. I have always been going to get around to a
: feathered something or a pineapple. Toile has been calling to me but this
: is going to be the year that I make a quilt with one. I've never made a
: quilt using circles or curves. Yes, I'm going to try those too. You have
: few days to ponder while you clean up the holiday rubble but we would like
: to know what new adventure beckons you. Up until now, this is on topic
but
: feel free to wander. Baltimore, anyone? Kaleidoscope? Bungee jumping?
: Polly
:
:
:

Old December 27th 05, 02:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I hate to admit it, but I've not done anything with flannel yet. So I am
going to try that in a simple quilt as well as making chenille. I also have
wanted to try drunkards path in a full sized quilt. So that's on my list
too. But I really want to shoo all these PIGS outta here! suuuuuuuuu-whee!
At least one per month! My biggie - I'm going to machine quilt one of my
quilts in something other than SITD. Perhaps - are you all sitting down -
even try stippling! Yikes!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

Old December 27th 05, 02:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Maybe I'll just forget about quilting for a while. I want to go learn how
to suuuuuuuuu-whee PIGS with Alice. She sounds like a pro or a least a heap
of fun. Speaking of fun, my question was not about your good intentions.
(Your Grandma did tell you about the road to Hell's paving and all that
didn't she?) What are you going to do in 2006 just for the sheer fun of
trying something new? Polly

"AliceW" wrote ..

Old December 27th 05, 02:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

And Alice. Right now is a really good time to shop for some yummy flannels.
Tis the season they're on sale. You should be able to find some just right.
Cheap flannel is a total terror but I've seen glorious ones with sale
prices. Polly

Old December 27th 05, 02:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I'm going to learn to machine quilt. I have a quilt top waiting for me right
now, and that's going to be my challenge starting this week.

Bungee jumping? I don't think so, but I *am* going to take a class to learn
how to ride a motorcycle! DH bought a new (to us) Gold Wing last summer, and
he kept his Honda Shadow -- and that's going to be mine!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old December 27th 05, 03:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Cool Louise! Then you can ride down and see me! I used to have a little
Honda in my college days. I'd never convince my DH to ride, but I'd do it
in a heartbeat! I guess he's seen too many ER cases. Oh well.
KJ