Retirement - not really OT

Old July 30th 03, 05:16 PM
Donna in Idaho

Piggy backing on Martha's post. Retirement is wonderful - I highly
recommend it!
--
Donna in Idaho!
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator

The ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

"Martha in IN" wrote in message
Congratulations on retirement Carolyn. I, too, wondered how I would adjust
after teaching for all those years. Now when asked how I am enjoying
retirement, I just say that "Every day is like Saturday." I love it.
Martha in IN
"Carolyn Williams" wrote in message
Well, today is my last full day at work after 28 1/2 years at the same
place. I'm only working 1/2 day tomorrow cause I'm slipping out after
lunch to avoid the tears (mine as well as my co-workers). I made up my
mind last February but it's finally here. I'm excited but scared!!
Will I be expected to now finish all my UFO's? Will I now be expected
to find a use for all the material I've bought just so I'll have a great
stash in my retirement? Will I need to read all my books and make at
least one quilt from each to justify the purchase? Wow, just when I
thought I'd be a lady of leisure, I'm thinking, how did I have time to
work. Wish me luck, I'm stepping into the great beyond!!!!

Carolyn from DE

Old July 30th 03, 05:46 PM
Kate Dicey

Carolyn Williams wrote:

Well, today is my last full day at work after 28 1/2 years at the same
place. I'm only working 1/2 day tomorrow cause I'm slipping out after
lunch to avoid the tears (mine as well as my co-workers). I made up my
mind last February but it's finally here. I'm excited but scared!!
Will I be expected to now finish all my UFO's? Will I now be expected
to find a use for all the material I've bought just so I'll have a great
stash in my retirement? Will I need to read all my books and make at
least one quilt from each to justify the purchase? Wow, just when I
thought I'd be a lady of leisure, I'm thinking, how did I have time to
work. Wish me luck, I'm stepping into the great beyond!!!!

Carolyn from DE

I can confidently predict that whatever happens, it will be a great
adventure! Have a wonderful time!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old July 30th 03, 11:36 PM
Miriam \Mim\ Spencer

my watch alarm goes off every night at 7PM because I have no idea how to
stop it. It will change times when I re-set my watch -- who knows when it
will go off then -- all those buttone to push -- and I lost the directions

Mim
"Mary Kay Mullen" wrote in message
Congratulations on your retirement. I tell everyone that I don't even
know what an alarm sounds like any more. I have to read the directions on
how to set the clock if I have to get up at a special time. Enjoy. Your
time is yours to do as you wish.

Mary Kay in So. WI

Old July 31st 03, 12:12 AM
nzl*

wooooooohooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
toss the watch and party on dudette!!!!!!!
may i suggest trying out a variety of fresh fruits (one at a time of
course), lime juice, ice and rum in the blender or.......
grapefruit juice, fresca and vodka over lots of ice or.......
a pitcher of your favourite ice cold beer
just for starters and served with your favourite snack food.
all this while you ponder all the fun your gonna have now.
jeanne*
--
RCTQ Houston 2004 Party Animals
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail....

"Carolyn Williams" wrote...
| Well, today is my last full day at work after 28 1/2 years at the same
| place. I'm only working 1/2 day tomorrow cause I'm slipping out after
| lunch to avoid the tears (mine as well as my co-workers). I made up my
| mind last February but it's finally here. I'm excited but scared!!
| Will I be expected to now finish all my UFO's? Will I now be expected
| to find a use for all the material I've bought just so I'll have a great
| stash in my retirement? Will I need to read all my books and make at
| least one quilt from each to justify the purchase? Wow, just when I
| thought I'd be a lady of leisure, I'm thinking, how did I have time to
| work. Wish me luck, I'm stepping into the great beyond!!!!
|
| Carolyn from DE

---

Old July 31st 03, 01:39 AM
Polly Esther

Be prepared to defend yourself. Lots of folks will decide to volunteer you
to do all kinds of things that you may or not want to do. Keep a list of
reasons "why not" on the tip of your tongue at all times. A dear friend of
mine uses the line, "Sorry, I'm booked all the way through March". She
doesn't say booked for what, could be naps or watching paint dry. I'm not
saying there won't be things you want to volunteer to do, just let it be
your choice. Happy Retirement, Polly

Old July 31st 03, 03:20 AM
nana2b

I retired 2 years ago after selling my store after 10 years of retail. I
never missed it for one minute. I take a nap in the afternoon, read, sew
and sew and quilt. I learned the word "no" right at the beginning. Of
course I say it in the nicest way. The day flies by. How did I ever have
time to run a business? Enjoy the freedom. It is wonderful!

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old July 31st 03, 04:30 AM

Congratulations on your retirement. I retired 3 years ago and I am still
wondering how I had time to work. There still isn't enough hours in the
days to do what I want but not going to work everyday is ohhhh so nice.
Again, Congratulations and Enjoy!
Michele from Ohio

Old July 31st 03, 10:02 AM
Roberta Zollner

Or if you're a polite person, "No, but thank you for thinking of me" with a
big sweet smile. I agree, giving excuses just encourages people to try to
solve your scheduling problem so you can do what THEY want!
Roberta in D

"taria" wrote in message
Now Polly you don't have to defend yourself. If you are doing
that folks are taking advantage of you. Just say NO!
Taria

Polly Esther wrote:

Be prepared to defend yourself. Lots of folks will decide to volunteer

you
to do all kinds of things that you may or not want to do. Keep a list of
reasons "why not" on the tip of your tongue at all times. A dear friend

of
mine uses the line, "Sorry, I'm booked all the way through March". She
doesn't say booked for what, could be naps or watching paint dry. I'm

not
saying there won't be things you want to volunteer to do, just let it be
your choice. Happy Retirement, Polly

--
Please visit my web page at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/taria/index.htm

See my Siberian Cat, Lilly, at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/lillypage/lillycat.htm

Old July 31st 03, 11:16 AM
Patti

Oh Mim! You're priceless. LOL
..
In article , "Miriam \"Mim\"
Spencer" writes
my watch alarm goes off every night at 7PM because I have no idea how to
stop it. It will change times when I re-set my watch -- who knows when it
will go off then -- all those buttone to push -- and I lost the directions

Mim

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill