Fun at a bead show

Old October 16th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Default Fun at a bead show

On Saturday I went to the West Michigan Bead Expo in Grand Rapids.
It's a consumer oriented show with a lot of lampworkers. I had a lot
of fun and stocked up on colors of seed beads that the LBS doesn't
offer at Osiris Beads' booth. I also picked up a couple dichroic glass
leaves as my fun beads for the show.

There were a few embarrassing moments because I went to the show with
my mother and grandmother. I had given them a quick craft show
etiquette lecture beforehand, since they're the "oh, you could make
that" types. Unfortunately, I forgot the uneducated consumer sticker
shock lecture and ended up kicking mom in the shin in front of a booth
offering gorgeous boro beads after she started exclaiming at the price
disparagingly. Over the course of our time there she started to see
the light a bit and ended up purchasing a pair of lampworked beads for
me to turn into earrings for her.

I was wearing the necklace I made from a focal bead I purchased at the
last show and received a lot of compliments on it. One fellow did a
complete doubletake at the necklace, it was quite funny.

Did anyone else go?

--
Lindsey
http://artwork-by-lindsey.blogspot.com

Old October 17th 06, 12:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

LOL eeek! I didn't go, but it sounds like you had fun.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net
ups.com...

Old October 19th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

Lindsey -- I used to live in Ohio, but have never been to that show. I
love bead show reports, however!!! Thanks for dishing.

Becki

Old October 19th 06, 10:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Linda2

"Beckibead" wrote:

Lindsey -- I used to live in Ohio, but have never been to that show. I
love bead show reports, however!!! Thanks for dishing.

Becki

Becki,

In between packing to move, I'm making time to attend TWO bead shows this
weekend, The Down the Street Bead Show (which is growing in vendor numbers)
and the Intergalactic Bead Show (which is losing vendors to other shows).
And also go shopping for a metal detector (I watched "Where to Find Treasure
in America" on the Travel Channel last weekend and got bitten by the
treasure-hunting bug).

Will post s report on both shows.

Linda2