What are you working on now?

Old September 29th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

Default What are you working on now?

Always a cool topic... what are you working on now?

I've just finished a bracelet made of opal chips - the real deal. I had
ordered them from FMG and was SO disappointed b/c they looked so dowdy on
the strand. So I cut the strand and WOWZA did they pop when you looked at
them from the top! There is milk opal, jelly opal and pinfire opal all mixed
together. I did a simple 3 row peyote base out of clear 7/0's and attached
the opal chips to the surface with 15's.

Now I'm doing a similar technique for the necklace. Will post pics when I'm
done!

I just got a lovely dichroic cab combo from Cheryl adorned with poly clay
.... and I'll work on that next. It feels good to be beading again.

What about you?

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)

Old September 29th 06, 07:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

The bracelet sounds great.
I have ordered some chip beads to make some more Tree of Life pendants.
Just having a rest though because I have just made 76 Christmas cards,
that part of Christmas is sorted.
Shirley

In message t, Vibrant
Jewels writes

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
Old September 29th 06, 09:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
mermaidscove_com

I am at the collecting stuff stage, planning to do a series of bead
embroidered things. Since it is a new direction I am having trouble
settling on a design to start and will probably end up beading around
cabs because it doesn't require too much advance planning. I feel like
doing landscapes but not sure if I can do that with such a small space.

Ingrid

Old September 29th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Vibrant Jewels wrote:
Always a cool topic... what are you working on now?

snip
What about you?

--
Karleen Page

After cleaning and rearranging my apartment a bit, I've been in more of
a polymer clay mood. My clay station is finally in a place with decent
light. I've been caning, bead making, and doing color studies to add
pages to my recipe book. I made my first set of pc leaf beads last
night--well, they'll be beads once I've drilled holes in them. Other
than that, I haven't been working on much. A head cold has kept me
away from the beads and everything else, but I'm getting over that, so
back to beading!

--
Lindsey
http://artwork-by-lindsey.blogspot.com

Old September 29th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

I'm working on stuff for the show I have next Saturday and Sunday.
Today I plan on doing some bracelets in amethyst, freshwater pearls,
carnelian, aventurine. I also have to dig out the earring racks (which
I haven't looked at all summer) and see which designs are missing.
Then, I have to go through my lampwork stash and decide which lampwork
beads I can possibly part with and make a few lampwork bracelets.
All of this is complicated by the fact that the silver clasps I
ordered from Gem O Rama are too small, so I had to return them
yesterday, I hope the replacements will arrive in time for the show,
lol. It's always something.....
We have changed from dial up to Verizon FIOS (fibre optic) technology
- the resolution is much clearer - lampwork bead pictures are amazingly
detailed. And, I thought beads were tempting before...
Have a great weekend, everyone!!

Patti
www.pattiwhiteley.com

Old September 29th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Do we get to see?

Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

k.net...

Old September 29th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Lots of things, I'm getting ready to sell at a large out door market.
Earrings and bracelets mainly.

But I did find time to make myself a pair of earrings to wear to a
party:

http://www.galleryvittoria.co.nz/bead4.shtml

Marisa
www.galleryvittoria.co.nz

Old September 30th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to start something I have wanted to
start for ages! A black and white necklace with some gorgeous eye dot
lampwork beads I bought from scootrgrl on JustBeads.

Best,
Christine

Old September 30th 06, 06:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Lovely beads and earrings Marisa.
Hugs
Shirley