This is Impossible

Old July 31st 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Default This is Impossible

Noblesse oblige, I am the humble Queen. I live to serve.
Roberta in D

"Polly Esther" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
k.net...
Maybe the only solution is to box them up and ship to Roberta. Kind of
sounds like cheating though, don't you think? Polly
"Jessamy" wrote I beg to differ.. once I almost finished my yellow scrap
stash - I would
have finished if I hadn't had something else come up it would have stayed
that way if I didn't have this tendency to make quilts with yellow in
them-
my scrap stash needs another attack on it to reduce it a bit - a
gazillion
monotone 9 patches and some monotone logcabins will do the trick nicely
;-)
now to find the time...

Old July 31st 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Polly, so you have the problem of the innards of the biscuits bunching up
after washing? Just asking cause a very long time ago I made a 4 inch
square biscuit quilt using panty hose cut in strips for the filling. It was
just a baby quilt, and after a few washings it started bunching up. I
didn't have a clothes dryer at the time and just hung it on the line to dry.
Thanks!
Barbara in SC

Old July 31st 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

oh,I see, have seen them before but did'nt know what they were called.Very
pretty to look at,.I must investigate more! Thankyou Polly.
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
nk.net...
There's a good picture of a biscuit quilt at fabricattic.com - click on
the Easy Biscuit Quilting book (but you don't really need a book for this
one). Marsha's instructions over at quilterscache seem a little more
painstaking than necessary. There's really no need to actually pin in an
inverted pleat - a little tuck works just fine. Polly

"Estelle Gallagher" wrote
Help, whats a biscuit quilt,I imagine it is just squares,tell me if I am
wrong.lol

Old July 31st 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anna Belle

I declare
there's more in there than when I started. While I was clipping the
stray
threads here and there, I noticed some bearding going on. Is there a
better
quality stuffing available than what's at WallyWorld? Polly

Finally something I can sort of answer. I was given a partial bag of
stuffing that is different than any I have used before (I have used a
lot). It is called "Cluster Soft" by Morning Glory. According to
the package there are three different weights depending on how firm an
item you want.
Can't find a company address, but this is the toll free number listed:

"Creative Help Line 1-800-406-4080

Haven't called so no experience.

The stuffing looks like some that has pilled up, but I like what I
have used so far.

Anna Belle in Palm Bay
Old July 31st 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default Fiberfill This is Impossible

Howdy!

In this article, about 1/3 of the way down the page,
All About Stuffing,
there's an explanation about fiberfill stuffings,
and Hobbs Fiberfill demo-ed during a tour of the Hobbs plant, in Waco, Tx.,
of course. g
It's a pdf file so if you can't read it I'd be happy to send you the text
via email.

http://www.chfnetwork.com/assets/jan_feb_24-48_v3.pdf

Morning Glory has a website, with almost nothing on it.
http://www.carpenter.com/consumer/morning_glory.htm

Hobbs is proud of their product g and will answer email questions:
http://www.hobbsbondedfibers.com/quilters.html

Other links w/ info about Fiberfill & fiberfill:
http://www.batt-mart.com/site/490194/page/94133

http://www.batt-mart.com/

Ragmop/Sandy--a Hobbs fan... ;-D

Old July 31st 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther

Long ago, I made one with bigger squares and the stuffing shifted. I
sneaked into each biscuit with a long needle, spread out the innards and
tacked the squares in the center. That took a couple of evenings by the tv
to get done but it worked just fine. This new quilt has much smaller
biscuits and they are fully stuffed so (we hope) there isn't room for
shifting. Polly

"Bobbie Sews More" wrote Polly, so you have the problem of the innards of

Old August 2nd 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Phyllis Nilsson

Oh my, did this almost 40 years ago. Used biscuits that were about 2"
finished, made two twin quilts, but I remember it took me a long time to
get enough pantyhose.

--
Toledo,Ohio

Old August 2nd 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Phyllis Nilsson

Just sent three plastic grocery bags filled with smaller pieces of fabric
with my stepfather to take to his senior center. I had to laugh because he
kept poking at them, shifting them around, then finally said he didn't
think he could take them all at once (too heavy). I told him one at a time
would be fine. I had to stop myself from going back into the bags and
removing some I liked and thought I could use. Sigh . . . saying goodbye
to fabric is so difficult for some of us.

Old August 2nd 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Instead of cutting the panty hose into strips, cut the legs off. Scrunch
each leg up from top to toe as if you were going to put it on your leg
and put it in the biscuit. Close up the opening in the biscuit. You may
want to put a "tie" in the center to keep the stocking in place. I've
never done this, but one of my sisters started a quilt like this about
40 years ago; I don't think she ever finished it

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/