OT - Cat diarrhea

Old August 2nd 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

Default OT - Cat diarrhea

In article ,
Johanna Gibson wrote:

Sasha was given an antibiotic, just in case she has some sort of
bug, and also something for upset stomach. The vet told me there is
no sign of kidney or liver enlargement, or any sign that she's having
trouble breathing (she has a bit of fluid in her lungs still, but it
isn't giving her any trouble, so we're leaving it for now). We're to
see the vet on Monday.
Whatever they injected her with must have done the trick. She
wanted fish and a few kibbles when I got back from Keiko's this
evening. She hasn't asked for food in a long time. Sasha ignored the
fiber stuff the vet wanted her to eat, of course, but looked sad until
I got the fish out. Spoilt cat.
Thanks for all your advice! Sometimes I don't know what I would do
without this group. I'm so glad there are so many cat-lovers out
there in RCTQland. Maybe I can get some sleep tonight!

-- Jo (relieved) in Scotland

Woohoo! I'm so glad you saw the vet and that Sasha is feeling better.
I'm a dog-lover, but a QI is a QI -- and we love 'em all.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old August 2nd 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

Johanna Gibson wrote:
...... Whatever they injected her with must have done the trick. She
wanted fish and a few kibbles when I got back from Keiko's this
evening. She hasn't asked for food in a long time. Sasha ignored the
fiber stuff the vet wanted her to eat, of course, but looked sad until
I got the fish out. Spoilt cat.

-- Jo (relieved) in Scotland

HOORAY -- the Babies and I are happy dancing for Sasha and her Mum.
Now, get to work on that poor, dear, neglected kitty's blankie so she
doesn't have to sleep on fabric that's not truly hers :-)! Of course,
she realizes that *someone* has to keep the stuff in line and -- VBS --
she's the ONLY kitty capable of doing it properly -- LOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old August 2nd 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Hugs for Sasha.

If she is being bossy about her food she must be feeling
lots better.

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

"Johanna Gibson" wrote in message
[...]
:
:
: -- Jo (relieved) in Scotland

Old August 2nd 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nana2b

Great news and approving purrs from Fiona & Sugar. Linda in Tx

Old August 2nd 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NancyB

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 22:34:18 +0100, Johanna Gibson
wrote:

Whatever they injected her with must have done the trick. She
wanted fish and a few kibbles when I got back from Keiko's this
evening. She hasn't asked for food in a long time.

I'm glad your kitty is doing better, Jo.

NancyB
Old August 2nd 06, 07:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

So glad to hear this, Jo.
..
In message , Johanna Gibson
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 2nd 06, 09:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
M Rimmer

In message , Johanna Gibson
writes
Sasha was given an antibiotic, just in case she has some sort of
bug, and also something for upset stomach. The vet told me there is
no sign of kidney or liver enlargement, or any sign that she's having
trouble breathing (she has a bit of fluid in her lungs still, but it
isn't giving her any trouble, so we're leaving it for now). We're to
see the vet on Monday.
Whatever they injected her with must have done the trick. She
wanted fish and a few kibbles when I got back from Keiko's this
evening. She hasn't asked for food in a long time. Sasha ignored the
fiber stuff the vet wanted her to eat, of course, but looked sad until
I got the fish out. Spoilt cat.
Thanks for all your advice! Sometimes I don't know what I would do
without this group. I'm so glad there are so many cat-lovers out
there in RCTQland. Maybe I can get some sleep tonight!

It's good to hear she is feeling better and back on her food, and great
that the vet has ruled out some of the scarier possibilities. I hope you
do get that restful sleep tonight.
--
Mel Rimmer
www.bean-sprouts.blogspot.com

Old August 2nd 06, 10:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

Sampson, Maisie and I send cuddles and suitable happy noises to Sasha. We
are so glad she is getting better. Sampson and Maisie cannot understand her
hankering for fish though - they are more than happy with their Hills
Science Diet Hairball formula dry bickies. No tinned stff, no fish, no
fresh chicken just the occasional bite of ham or roast beef for Masie and
chicken twistie or hot chip for Sampson. These are the only two cats I've
been able to leave food out uncovered on the bench and be able to lay odds
on they will not touch it.

Although to argue with myself, Sampson did do the paw trick with Mikayla's
cheerios this morning. Fished one out oh so delicately, gave it a sniff and
walked off leaving us laughing at his antics.

http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes awhile to load)
quicker)
"M Rimmer" wrote in message
In message , Johanna Gibson
writes

Old August 2nd 06, 11:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

He-he!
Our Tigger did that with one of DH's Shreddies!
..
In message , Sharon
Harper writes

Old August 2nd 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
pami

I am glad that Sasha will be okay. Have you started her blanket yet?
Pami