Suggestions?

Old February 27th 04, 07:23 PM
Judy Grevenites

That's the very elf Roberta! I was thinking more of using her in my
whining, martyr
mood---to offset the RedQueen.---It is hard balancing and managing
multiple
personalities. However---if you come to call we shall eat the cream
cake like the perfect ladies we are! Judy

Old February 27th 04, 08:59 PM
ME-Judy

Somehow, Judy, I just cannot imagine any part of you "cringing"!!!! - an
imaginary part of you or not! Dream on, though..... it's your personality
you're splitting G
ME-Judy

"Judy Grevenites" wrote in message
Y'know Piglet, I may have to add another personality to my ever
fractured personality. There is Judy the adult, RedQueen the mad, but
you're right--it's time to start thinkng of getting a servant around the
old castle. How about Tremble the cringing? She could emerge to do
the chopping and the pots and pans and vacuuming and such (whatever it
is that servants do) She could be sort of like that little house elf in
the 2nd Harry Potter movie. I could kick her around and be queen to my
hearts content.(this could be an interesting stop on my trip to the
asylum. ReQueen

Old February 29th 04, 12:15 AM
Pat in Virginia

Actually, that statement should be attributed to someone else,
Lia I think. I did not say that. I did offer some Royal Options
to the issue though!
PAT, Queen of Everything

Piglet wrote:

Certainly, I'd go for it in a New York minute if I had the staff to pre-chop
everything and wash up after that the cooking show dudes have. evil g

Some of the Queens here may have sufficient staff to do that; here in the
Sty, however, all our assistants are QIs. So depending on the ingredient,
they might do an okay job of the washing up after (if you count "nothing but
tongue prints" as clean), but the chopping options are 1) chewed and spit
out and 2) clawed severely, and neither of those meet Our Royal Standards.

--pig

On 2/25/04 11:29, opined:

I especially love it on
the cooking shows where each of those ingredients has been lovingly
prepped and then placed in an individual little glass bowl. Can you
imagine washing a separate bowl for each vegetable you put in a stir-fry?

Old February 29th 04, 12:17 AM
Pat in Virginia

Dear Red:
On at trip to the asylum?? Sweetie, this IS the asylum!!
PAT, Queen of Everything and then some

Old March 3rd 04, 06:53 AM
Dr. Quilter

there is no way I can do a quilt in a day, unless that is all I do for
24 hours, and that would kind of take the joy out of it, making it a
chore...

AliceW wrote:
I've taken several classes at my LQS that are advertised as a "quilt in a
day" type classes. I did my first rail fence quilt this way. I did finish
the top in class. But it took several days to pick the fabric and determine
the layout; a day to wash and press the fabric; a day to do the pre-cutting;
did the sewing in class (9 - 4pm); then a day for backing and basting; a
weekend for machine quilting; a day to make the binding and attach it to the
front; two days to do the hand sewing of the binding. Not bad for a quilt
in a day, huh?

n.b. - these were not consecutive days either - family, house, job were
higher priorities.

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old March 3rd 04, 12:08 PM
AliceW

I agree with you totally! I can get a top done (YBR being the biggest), but
by the end of that, I'm spent. Of course, even a "top in a day" assumes
you've done pre-cutting. The last quilt I made in a day was the New Year's
Day mystery quilt and even in that case, I just made the top. Fun every
once in a while, but sure would not make a habit of making quilts this way.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
www.ourcyberfamily.us

:
[...]