Thanks for the Prayers--THEY ARE WORKING!!!!!!

Old July 29th 03, 12:51 PM
Musicmaker

Default Thanks for the Prayers--THEY ARE WORKING!!!!!!

THAT's just about the best news I've heard in a while!

--
Lady Cynthia, Royal Musicmaker

http://photos.yahoo.com/cbet_99
http://www.one-eleven.net/~music/
Remember, once you get over the hill,
you'll begin to pick up speed.

"Connie Einarson" wrote in message
s.com...
On or shortly after May 12, I posted to the group about my best friends
daughter--Jennifer, who had been in a car accident that I responded to
with the ambulance. She had suffered a severe brain injury, and was in
a coma. For the next month and two brain surgeries, the prognosis was
very bad, if she survived at all. On June 16, she was off all
medications, and they began weaning her from the respirator. Her eyes
were open, but there was no recognition. They asked the family to start
thinking about long term care. During the next week, she began moving
her right side, but not her left (she is left handed). One of her
doctors advised trying a rehab hospital, rather than a nursing home, and
got her into one. There seemed to be very little progress until July
3rd, when her dad came into her room and said "Hi Jen" as he always did,
and she answered in a whisper, "Hi Dad". Since then, her progress has
astounded every one. Yesterday, I went to see her for her 19th
birthday, and she walked across the room for us. Her left side is still
partially paralyzed, and she has some memory deficits which may be
permanent, but she called me by name, and thanked me for the butterfly
quilt that I had brought for her the week before. The doctors have
stopped putting any limits on her recovery, and only say that they won't
know if she has any permanent disabilities for two years.

NEVER doubt the power of prayers and good thoughts. Miracles happen
every day.

Connie from ND

Old July 29th 03, 02:13 PM
DDM

What wonderful news, Connie! We'll just keep the prayers going for her.

Dee in LeRoy, NY

[...]

Connie from ND What wonderful news, Connie!

Old July 31st 03, 03:36 PM
Laurence Kriv

Wow, Connie,

This is such good news. I hope she contiunes to get better.

Happy Stitching,
Janet of Gar

Old July 31st 03, 04:18 PM
Butterfly

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!!
Connie, I'm delighted. You sure have been a great friend to these folks
Happy News is so good....thanks fr sharing
Love
Butterfly (thanks Janet for including the original post)