OT - Bra input

Old February 6th 05, 11:03 PM
Helen C

Default OT - Bra input

Do any of you well endowed women out there have a particular brand/style
you like better? Wears well? Holds up to crappy laundry habits? (throw
it all in the washer and take it out the dryer) Doesn't wear out in a
month or two?

A good on line venue?

Places to avoid?

Best prices?

Thank you, you may now return to your regularly scheduled beading now!

Helen C

*still wanting to have some made but can't quite afford the investment (yet)
Old February 6th 05, 11:15 PM
Diana Curtis

You know those bras that look like armored tanks, no style, lace, or
underwires on them? Those last the longest, no matter what brand. The ratio
of elastic is low so the dryer doesnt kill them. They arent pretty, but the
keep the sisters in check. If you want something *nice* I cant help. It
seems to me that pretty and long lasting dont go hand in hand....
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old February 6th 05, 11:49 PM

I confess I go to Catherine's and buy their soft, sleep type bras, very
little support but great comfort. They come in all kinds of colors and
some prints, front fastening. Go in washer/dryer and are fairly long
lasting. They are about $14.00. My gynecologist recommends soft and
comfy over tight, underwire types.

I have worn the Lane Bryant soft cup styles if you get these, get a
larger size than you normally wear because they shrink in the dryer.
Enormous color range and lots of support. More expensive, maybe $26.00
or so, but they often have sales.
Patti

Old February 7th 05, 01:58 AM
Mj

Try he http://www2.jms.com/ - Just My Size

Mj

--
=================================
Marjean Cline

Old February 7th 05, 02:22 AM
Kaytee

If you want something *nice* I cant help. It seems to me that pretty
and long lasting dont go hand in hand....

If you do want some snazzy undies in plus sizes, check out Torrid.
(www.torrid.com) Don't know how sturdy/long wearing they are, but the
sizes start at 38C.

It's a mall store-- the big sister to Hot Topic. I seem to be somewhere
in between the two size-wise... sigh.... Oh, well, the socks fit....
Kaytee
http://www.eclecticbeadery.com/simplexities.html
http://www.mallofcrafters.com/Crafte...umidaCN011.htm
http://craftersbuzz.com/gallery.cgi?KAYTEE
http://www.artbyus.com/auctions.php?a=6&b=1343

Old February 7th 05, 03:10 AM
Sagoya

Also try Playtex, model 4693. I've been using that style for almost 5 years
now. The large band underneath the cups is very comfortable and helps keep
everything in its place... lol

Ellie

Old February 7th 05, 03:27 AM
katieW.

Helen:

Lane Bryant. HANDS DOWN. They have a line called "Cacique" Some of
the line is underwire, but a section of the line are wonderful, soft
cotton/poly/spandex bras, 4-hook back with a satin-like trim or lace
trim. they come in a wide variety of colors, and they change the
colors with the clothes season, so if you watch their clearance racks,
they will usually have 'last months' colors there. Also, L.B. runs
lingerie sales quite regularly (buy 2 get 1 free, etc.) I throw them
in the wash and in the dryer along with whatever else I happen to be
washing. They hold up great (I have several that are well over a year
old and are holding up great. They have real metal hook-and-eyes, so
if one of the hooks gets bent in the wash/dry, I just straighten it
with my jewelry pliers! LOL!!! They provide comfort and decent
support without being the hideous torture chambers that so many
large-size support bras tend to be. I checked the website
www.lanebryant.com $26-28 a bra regular price. it is called Sensual
Curves Soft Cup Bra. They also have a Sensual Curves satin comfort
no-wire bra. Same style, different material. They also have one that
is a no-wire 'wonderbra' type, but I personally look at that and think,
WHY?

Also if you go to their sale pages, they have stuff down to $12.99
hit or miss on sizes, but great price.

Katie

Old February 7th 05, 03:38 AM
Cheri

The best bra out there for the over-endowed is Edith Lance. It's quite
pricey - last time I bought one it was $86.00 each. However, it takes
off 10 years and about 3 inches and gives you girls to be proud of in a
sweater. I never put them or any other bra in the dryer, but without
that they lasted about a year. White, beige or black and heavy duty
wires to keep those girls where they're supposed to be. I bought them
in Baltimore where you were hand-fitted. They had seamstresses there
that would take them in if needed, or reinforce where it wore out last
time. Why can't I remember the name of that store? OH! We Fit.
Women came from all over the country to buy bras there, and they also
had bathing suits in large cup sizes as well.

I know it's a lot of money, but I always thought it was cheaper than a
breast reduction!

Cheri

Old February 7th 05, 07:21 AM
Shirley Shone

Wished I lived over there and could get some of those.
Shirley

In message , Mj
writes