Nordic Needle?

Old July 17th 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Default Nordic Needle?

Just out of curiousity - how long do they generally take to deliver?

Thanks.

Old July 18th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jeanine3

From personal experience, it always takes a long time but I'm in Canada
so I never know if it's them or customs. They always have come through
eventually though and if you send an email asking about your order, they
usually answer quite quickly.
HTH,
Jeanine in Canada

Old July 18th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Brenda Lewis

From personal experience, it always takes a long time but I'm in Canada

lewmew wrote:

Just out of curiousity - how long do they generally take to deliver?

I often receive orders in 3-4 days (NE Ohio--it was even faster when I
lived in central Iowa) if the items are in stock. They are very good
about communicating with customers if an item is backordered and give
reliable estimates for the delivery of those items. If you are
deparately in need of something, call and ask if it is in stock before
placing your order. The only problems I've had are they don't send out
a catalog with gift certificates and gift certificates cannot be
redeemed online.

--
Brenda
Tickler of Chuzzles
Old July 18th 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
LizardGumbo

Brenda Lewis wrote:

I often receive orders in 3-4 days (NE Ohio--it was even faster when I
lived in central Iowa) if the items are in stock. They are very good
about communicating with customers if an item is backordered and give
reliable estimates for the delivery of those items. If you are
deparately in need of something, call and ask if it is in stock before
placing your order. The only problems I've had are they don't send out
a catalog with gift certificates and gift certificates cannot be
redeemed online.

I've really not found that to be the case. I ordered something I needed
for a deadline (because I'd heard wonderful things about them) and not
only did they not have it, they couldn't get it, and they didn't bother
to tell me about it until I called 4 weeks later.

My recent experience was a tad better, but I only used them again
because they had something no one else did. I avoid them if I can. I
like 1-2-3 Stitch.

--
Elizabeth
aka LizardGumbo

Pop the bubbles to reply.
www.effervescentdesigns.com
Old July 18th 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

LizardGumbo wrote:
Brenda Lewis wrote:

I often receive orders in 3-4 days (NE Ohio--it was even faster when I
lived in central Iowa) if the items are in stock. They are very good
about communicating with customers if an item is backordered and give
reliable estimates for the delivery of those items. If you are
deparately in need of something, call and ask if it is in stock before
placing your order. The only problems I've had are they don't send
out a catalog with gift certificates and gift certificates cannot be
redeemed online.

I've really not found that to be the case. I ordered something I needed
for a deadline (because I'd heard wonderful things about them) and not
only did they not have it, they couldn't get it, and they didn't bother
to tell me about it until I called 4 weeks later.

I, too, have had very slow service from Nordic Needle. If I need
something odd or very quickly, I call Denise at Threadneedle Street in
Washington state. She's really great and very fast.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old July 18th 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Linda F

Elegant Stitch in Modest CA is really fast also!

"Dr. Brat" wrote in message
LizardGumbo wrote:
Brenda Lewis wrote:

[...]

The most important thing one woman can do for another is to illuminate and
expand her sense of actual possibilities. --Adrienne Rich
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old July 18th 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Answering my own question: I ordered last Monday and got it today -
eight days. OK service - in these days of ebay and lightning fast
service from most places, I would give it a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Old July 18th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C - California

NeedleDelights.com, if she has it in stock, will send it out the same
afternoon.

--
Karen C - California

Finished 7/4/06 - needlepoint calendar canvas for August
WIP: Getting all the UFOs done, July birthstone, Flowers of
Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!, Farmers Market (TIAG#8)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf

See my designs exclusively at www.TyWolfeDesigns.com

Editor/Proofreader http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old July 19th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia Beaulieu

"Linda F" wrote in message
Elegant Stitch in Modest CA is really fast also!

I'll second that and will add that who ever answers the phone there is the
nicest, most helpful person! Even though I'm poorer, I always hang up with a
smile on my face!

Mavia

Old July 19th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

lucretia borgia ) writes:
At the risk of being flippant, remember the saying "Confuscius he say
rape impossible, just lie back and enjoy it"

Disclaimer: I am NOT condoning rape, it's a joke people.

You haven't got this quite right. "Confuscius he say rape
impossible. Women with skirt up runs faster than man with trousers down".
Also, "When rape is inevitable, lean back and relax".