Nordic Needle experience?

Old August 17th 05, 12:44 AM
KCat

Default Nordic Needle experience?

I opted to order a variety of metallics and some odds and ends from them
since they seemed to have such an extensive collection and decent prices.

The shipping date they quoted seemed at the long end of the scale... are
they just being conservative or do shipments from there tend to take a
while? Unfortunately, this wasn't something I noticed until *after* I'd
placed the order.

it's not a big deal. Not like I can just sit down and start stitching with
all that stuff anyway. But I am curious as to what to expect from them.

bought one spool of Kreinick #4 braid and one spool of their blending
filament today - because I am terribly impatient and I was in the general
vicinity of the only "nearby" supplier I could find. okay - so an extra 4
miles away but...

anyway - found the #4 braid - uhmm... irritating but probably no more so
(perhaps less) than most metallics.

Found the blending filament a delight to use - subtle effect when combined
with floss. Can see how both have their place and can't wait (well, I can
but I'll be chomping at the bit every time hubby walks in with the mail) to
get the rest of my shipment which includes Rainbow Gallery samples also. '

thanks to everyone for their patience with me on this topic. i'm sure I'll
have more questions as I get to know metallics and the world of on-line
stitchery. i can't quite figure out why I ever quite stitching???

oh yeah - I got addicted to my fountain pens.
--

KCat

For Pen Talk, Images, Trading and Reviews: The Fountain Pen Network
http://pagesperso.laposte.net/fpnet

For Lupus Support and Info
http://www.ghg.net/schwerpt/ASLFAQ/

Old August 17th 05, 04:07 AM
Jenn L

KCat wrote:
I opted to order a variety of metallics and some odds and ends from them
since they seemed to have such an extensive collection and decent prices.

The shipping date they quoted seemed at the long end of the scale... are
they just being conservative or do shipments from there tend to take a
while? Unfortunately, this wasn't something I noticed until *after* I'd
placed the order.

it's not a big deal. Not like I can just sit down and start stitching with
all that stuff anyway. But I am curious as to what to expect from them.

heh, we just had a discussion about this in another of my groups.

My orders ALWAYS take around 4 weeks - that's right, 28 days, give or
take a couple - to arrive. And they rarely charge my card until they
ship, which makes banking frustrating in the meantime because my card is
a debit and I keep seeing money there that I can't touch. I haven't yet
had them get an order wrong, they're just slow... at least for me.

Because of this, I only order from them when I'm getting supplies for a
project that I can't get from a local shop or Stitches N Things (i.e.
Anchor floss for a Silver Lining or embellishment packs for Just Nan
pieces) and that I'm not going to be starting in the near future.

--
Jenn L.

www.needleful-things.com
Current projects:
Home of the Brave (Sally Rung - soldier remembrance project)
Autumn Sampler (Nathalie Forster/Crazy For Cross Stitch mag)
Spring in the Air (Just Nan)
Nordic Needle Rose (Silver Lining)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia) Starry Night (Van Gogh)
Old August 17th 05, 07:02 AM
Karen C - California

Jenn L wrote:
Anchor floss for a Silver Lining

www.theFuzzyPenguin.com has Anchor and generally goes out same day (if
the mailman hasn't been there yet) or next day (if he has).

--
Karen C - California
Finished 8/16/05 - Be Sure to Pay the Pipers

WIP: 50th Anniversary sampler for aunt/uncle, July birthstone,
Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

See my designs exclusively at TyWolfeDesigns.com

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
blogging at http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
Old August 17th 05, 04:04 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Interesting . . . I just placed an order with them and I had it within
a week!
Dianne

fran wrote:

They are slow but reliable.

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:44:12 GMT, "KCat" wrote:

I opted to order a variety of metallics and some odds and ends from them
since they seemed to have such an extensive collection and decent prices.

The shipping date they quoted seemed at the long end of the scale... are
they just being conservative or do shipments from there tend to take a
while?

--
"The Journal of Needlework" - The E-zine for All Needleworkers
http://journal.heritageshoppe.com

Old August 17th 05, 04:44 PM
KCat

well, I can see a week or even a little longer. And as I said, it's no big
deal to me, I was just curious if they were being conservative on their ETA
but it sounds like some orders take longer. Perhaps it has to do with how
much they actually keep in stock (overhead being one of those things on-line
sellers try to avoid.)

we, my hubby and I, are never on "back order" but some of our distributors
wait until they've received a number of units to order before they contact
us. So now and then we get angry emails to us directly "why aren't you able
to keep up with demand" - We have asked people to notify us when a
distributor claims to be on backorder because the distributor doesn't notify
us.

Anything is possible in on-line service. And considering their prices seemed
a bit better than some others, i don't mind the wait. I need to practice a
bit anyway before I jump into this big project I'm planning.

Old August 17th 05, 05:18 PM
Jenn Ridley

"KCat" wrote:

well, I can see a week or even a little longer. And as I said, it's no big
deal to me, I was just curious if they were being conservative on their ETA
but it sounds like some orders take longer. Perhaps it has to do with how
much they actually keep in stock (overhead being one of those things on-line
sellers try to avoid.)

Nordic Needle is a brick-and-mortar store as well, and a fairly large
one. I would think that one of the reasons they give such a
conservative time estimate is that they may have to wait on an order
from a supplier if the last three skeins of Bark Watercolors(e.g.)
just got bought off the floor.

Also, I think they run the webstore as an adjunct to the retail store,
and if they're really busy in the store, it may take longer to get the
web orders filled.

I generally get orders from NN within a couple of weeks.
--
Jenn Ridley :
WIP: FrankenFauna, Morning Glory, NoshiRibbons, Emperor's Coat II
Old August 17th 05, 05:25 PM
owls

hello kcat i placed a order with them and it took 2 weeks to get tha is
the norm but very good service. i have ordered from them few yrs back
and same thing but if u need help there i called and great customer
service

laurie

Old August 17th 05, 06:50 PM
bdiane

I order with them all the time. They have things I can't get
elsewhere. No I won't tell you what those are or I can't get them
there either !!!! teehee from barbie

Old August 17th 05, 09:06 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

KCat wrote:
I opted to order a variety of metallics and some odds and ends from them
since they seemed to have such an extensive collection and decent prices.

The shipping date they quoted seemed at the long end of the scale... are
they just being conservative or do shipments from there tend to take a
while?

I've ordered a few times, and usually it takes between one and two weeks
to reach me (I'm on the east coast). They usually ship via priority mail.

Sue