?? For Other Pro Sewers Discounts?

Old October 25th 03, 04:39 AM

I want to thank everyone who took the time to
encourage me to stand firm on my prices when dealing with the designer.
I am now a brick wall.
Karen, the link to WorkroomConcepts was exactly what I needed! Thank
you so very much. I've been studying/taking notes/ memorizing. This info
will save me a lot of hard knocks.
Took me two days to make a dressmaker's slipcover for an antique
slipper chair, but it turned out quite pretty. Looks like it is going to
an afternoon tea party.
One of these days I'll post some pics, and you'll find I am not just
a poseur.
Cea

Old October 25th 03, 11:14 AM
Sally Holmes

wrote in message

I want to thank everyone who took the time to
encourage me to stand firm on my prices when dealing with the designer.
I am now a brick wall.

So now we have to hope that she respects you and you get lots of business
from her!

Good luck, Cea.

Sally

Old October 25th 03, 03:07 PM
SewStorm

Karen, the link to WorkroomConcepts was exactly what I needed! Thank
you so very much. I've been studying/taking notes/ memorizing. This info
will save me a lot of hard knocks.

http://www.workroomconcepts.com/articles.htm

You're very welcome, Cea. My feeling in writing about sewing as a business, and
sharing information, is that other industries don't have to reinvent the wheel
every single time a new business opens--why should we? Kitty Stein feels the
same way, and she's been incredibly helpful to lots of home dec workrooms over
the years.

Another excellent site is Cheryl Strickland's Drapery School:

http://www.draperyschool.com/

She publishes the SewWhat? Newsletter for Drapery Workrooms, which is a
wonderful resource for anyone who is interested in doing home dec, especially
draperies and window treatments, for a living. I used to write the business
column for the newsletter, but apparently it's now become a full-blown magazine
since then .

Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Old October 27th 03, 01:31 AM

?? For Other Pro Sewers Discounts?

pamless (SewStorm)
=A0=A0Karen, the link to WorkroomConcepts was exactly what I needed!
[...]
---
Karen, may I ask a big favor? I cannot log on into the forum; the
reason posted is that "there is already another user with the same
name." (sewingbythecea). Any chance you could log on and see if someone
is using my email name? This is the first time I have tried to enter
this site, so I doubt it is senility on my part...although one never
knows...
Cea

Old October 27th 03, 12:21 PM
SewStorm

Karen, may I ask a big favor? I cannot log on into the forum; the
reason posted is that "there is already another user with the same
name." (sewingbythecea). Any chance you could log on and see if someone
is using my email name?

Cea, I'd be happy to, if I had a clue what you were talking about!

Reply to:

Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Old October 27th 03, 12:39 PM
Amey

Cea,
are you talking about the Custom Home Furnishings Forum?
I haven't seen your user name on it.

If all else fails, use a different name!

---