Candy Jar fabric swap

Old January 21st 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Candy Jar fabric swap

Anyone interested in doing a swap for fabrics for a candy jar quilt? I'd love to host one... and
here it is!

Goal is 20 total participants (first 19 to email me)... with each submitting 20 8" x 10" squares
(excluding selvage) of one type of cookie/candy jar appropriate fabric. I will collect them... deal
them out and return. I will provide a paper-pieced pattern for the "jars" with the return blocks.

Please EMAIL PRIVATELY with interest (put CANDY JAR SWAP in the subject line). (I will email my
snail mail address back to you - I am in the directory)... then I will repost a last call here...if
we need any more participants. I'd like a fairly quick turnaround ... so if you are interested...
keep your eye out for your "sweet" fabric -- you'll need 1 1/4 yards for the 20 blocks (you will be
one of the 20).

Rules:

1) Assuming quilt shop quality fabric, unlaundered, smoke-free fragrance.... full 8" x 10" blocks
(too small... they will be returned to you)
2) Email me as soon as you get your fabric what you've found - and I'll let people know if it looks
like we're getting duplicates... so we won't have 20 candy heart fabrics. (Can't guarantee some
duplicates... but will try my best to help eliminate - so quick shoppers will have first choice!)
3) You need to send a return, addressed postage paid envelope with your fabric.
4) Mail fabric in either a water-proof envelope -- or place your squares in a baggie... this time
of year in Michigan can be snowy/wet.
5) Label your envelope to me (on the back flap) Candy Jar Swap... and be sure to include your email
address inside so I can let you know when your package arrives.
6) Get fabric to me by January 31 (or email me privately if you need an extra day or two). I will
get blocks mailed out NO LATER THAN VALENTINE'S DAY! (I'll try to have them in your hands by then!)

ATTN: NON-US Quilters.... if you want to purchase fabric online and have it sent to me, I will cut
it for you. In the meantime, just mail me your postage paid return envelope -- which should get
here in plenty of time! Or if you have a better idea... let me know... I'll be happy to work with
you.

I guess that is everything... if not == post your question here and I will answer here....

Guess that's it! We can all spend Valentine's Day fondling some "sweet" fabric squares!

Kate in MI (ready to get quilting again!)

email to: grovesfam at comcast dot net

Old January 21st 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Kate G. wrote:
Anyone interested in doing a swap for fabrics for a candy jar quilt? I'd love to host one... and
here it is!

Ooh, this is a PIGS (pig?) for me! I just have to look to see if I
have 20 of the same that I could swap. I have been collecting small
pieces of a lot of different fabrics for a couple of years now. I'll
email you if I can find enough of the same. Great idea, Kate!

-Lynn

Old January 22nd 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Polly Esther wrote:
I found some Tootsie Rolls over at Spider Web last week, might be some left
if any of you are on a sweet hunt. Polly

I just looked, Polly; that's a great one! I think I have lifesavers,
m&m's, ribbon candy, button candy type dots, jelly bellies, gumballs,
chocolates, lollypops, candy corn, peppermints, and christmas candy
cane type sticks. Of course, a lot of good they are all doing sitting
in a drawer. Now I'm getting hungry.

I have wanted gummy bear fabric for ages, but can never bring myself to
pay a few dollars for one small piece, the way it's sold on ebay. I
don't suppose anyone has a piece they'd like to swap for a batik or
some other preferred fabric?

-Lynn

Old January 22nd 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Actually, I'd also be willing to swap a batik or other fabric for a
small piece of valentine's conversation hearts candy fabric, since I
don't have any of that. Just email me if interested. (Sorry, Kate, I
looked but all I have are small pieces of each, so I won't be joining
in, but it is a great idea!).

Lynn