Request of glass tubing diameter 8mm

Old May 3rd 05, 09:04 PM
Ottica Turi

Default Request of glass tubing diameter 8mm

For the production of some gift items i need SODA GLASS (no borosilicate
glass) on tubings with diameter of 8mm, clear and also coloured, with
particular request of RED color, with expansion coefficient between 9,0 and
9,6
I require quality at the top continuity in the production and availability
to supply also large quantity.
The company will be available to export the product in one country of the
European community.
I require GERMAN language speaked and wriitten or ENGLISH language speaked
and written.
For informations and details please contact, in ITALY:

Ottica Turi di Andrea Pierattini
Piazza Gavinana 6
51100 Pistoia (PT)
Phone and fax 0039 0573 24208
email
sito web
www.otticaturi.it

Best Regards,
Andrea Pierattini

Old May 3rd 05, 10:13 PM
David Billington

You could contact http://www.plowden-thompson.com/ . I believe they
can supply what you require.

Old May 4th 05, 02:02 AM
Mike Firth

Soda glass will have a coefficient of expansion like 90-96-103
Boro would have about 30.
You either have the numbers wrong or ...

--
Mike Firth
Hot Glass Bits Furnace Working Website

Old May 4th 05, 04:48 AM
Javahut

"Mike Firth" wrote in message
[...]

and if you move the decimal point?? kinda makes it 9,0 or 9,6 (by European
terminology. ) the actual number has additional numbers attached x 10
(minus7) in our case , 96 x 10 (minus7) and I'm not sure here, x 10 (minus8
or 6) to move the decimal point over, but it is the same number....
Potters use the 9.0 alot instead of 90.

Old May 4th 05, 05:31 AM
Moonraker

"Javahut" wrote in message
and if you move the decimal point?? kinda makes it 9,0 or 9,6 (by

European
terminology. ) the actual number has additional numbers attached x 10
(minus7) in our case , 96 x 10 (minus7) and I'm not sure here, x 10

(minus8
or 6) to move the decimal point over, but it is the same number....
Potters use the 9.0 alot instead of 90.

You'd a thought some hotshot website publisher woulda caught that one.

Old May 5th 05, 01:57 AM
Mike Firth

"Moonraker" wrote in message

"Javahut" wrote in message
and if you move the decimal point?? kinda makes it 9,0 or 9,6 (by

European
terminology. ) the actual number has additional numbers attached x 10
(minus7) in our case , 96 x 10 (minus7) and I'm not sure here, x 10

(minus8
or 6) to move the decimal point over, but it is the same number....
Potters use the 9.0 alot instead of 90.

You'd a thought some hotshot website publisher woulda caught that one.

You'd thought a person using the odd system would know what is used by the
majority of the people on the newsgroup. Besides, those other choices are
covered by the "or ..."
A quick Google of glazes and expansions seems to indicate that they use
any numbers from .33 to 330 with various exponents and glazes seem to calc
out to about 7 x 10^-6 or there abouts.

Old May 5th 05, 10:17 AM
nJb

What Javahut said.

Jack
Old May 5th 05, 10:19 AM
nJb

What Mike said.

Jack
Old May 5th 05, 03:27 PM
Ottica Turi

Hello David !
Thanks for the information
I try contact this company
I need soda glass for the productions of these articles:
www.otticaturi.it/frame-cata-radiometri.htm
Best Regards,
Andrea Pierattini
Ottica Turi di Andrea Pierattini
Piazza Gavinana 6
51100 Pistoia - ITALY
Phone /fax ++39057324208
www.otticaturi.it

VAT N. 00524480472

messaggio ...

Old May 5th 05, 04:07 PM
David Billington

Very nice, I have never seem them decorated before, just plain. I have
not bought anything from Plowden and Thompson but they were helpful when
I spoke to them and other have said the same.

Glass Tubing Samantha BeanHead Glass 3 January 7th 05 12:49 AM
OT - kinda - broken glass story VManes Beads 32 November 21st 04 06:38 PM
Help from the US glass people, please? Su/Cutworks Beads 21 October 7th 04 10:14 PM
Soldering jump rings with glass Robin Jewelry 9 September 9th 04 04:41 AM
Old glass receipts Matthew Spong Glass 0 July 4th 03 01:06 PM