To get those guys off the page. . .

Old August 31st 07, 09:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Annette from NZ

Default To get those guys off the page. . .

My least favourite is backstitch on counted cross-stitch --- unless it
is really needed
otherwise satin stitch as I can never get it looking nice

OT - I would LOVE back to school again. My just-finished high school
baby has got booked on a driving charge and I have to take him to
COURT on Tuesday. When do children stop giving you grief?

regards, Annette

Old August 31st 07, 09:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce

Annette from NZ wrote:
My least favourite is backstitch on counted cross-stitch --- unless it
is really needed
otherwise satin stitch as I can never get it looking nice

OT - I would LOVE back to school again. My just-finished high school
baby has got booked on a driving charge and I have to take him to
COURT on Tuesday. When do children stop giving you grief?

I was fined seven shillings and sixpence (about 75 US cents) for failing
to stop at a halt sign whilst riding my push bike. This was in 1954 when
I was 11 years old - I had to include this offence on every "security"
form that I had to complete during my time in the RAF (1959-73) and the
Civil Service (1973-2003). On one occasion I forgot to do so and had to
go to HQ and explain why I had forgotten!
However, that was the one and only offence (civil or criminal) that I
was ever charged with and the subsequent fifty three years have been
"crime free" g
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old August 31st 07, 02:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Annette from NZ wrote:

When do children stop giving you grief?

They don't. My cousin has two adult children who give her constant
grief, but she can't complain to anyone but me, because she and her
youngest have had to move in with her parents again herself, giving them
grief in their retirement years.

--
Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

Finished 7/10/07 -- Dance of the Roses

WIP: The Teacher, Bethany Angel, Pooh & Crew,
Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel

Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com
Design page http://www.KarenMCampbell.com/designs.html
Old September 2nd 07, 08:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Annette from NZ

Hi Bruce, Cheryl and Karen
Thanks for your support and I will take my son's list of achievements
with us to court to show his is not a bad kid
Hopefully he will get into the programme Justice has here that locks
youthful mistakes away after 5 years of good behaviour
Regards, Annette in NZ

Old September 2nd 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Aug 31, 4:16 am, Annette from NZ wrote:
My least favourite is backstitch on counted cross-stitch --- unless it
is really needed
otherwise satin stitch as I can never get it looking nice

OT - I would LOVE back to school again. My just-finished high school
baby has got booked on a driving charge and I have to take him to
COURT on Tuesday. When do children stop giving you grief?

regards, Annette

Annette,

If it is any encouragement to you, my son got picked up on a DWI on
the Navy Base at age 17! His father had died a few months before, and
he graduated from HS at 17 and a half. He was waiting to be 18 and to
get in the Navy when this all happened. Since it was on Base, it was a
Federal offense.

Fotunately the judge was very fair, and sentenced Mike to 30 hours of
community service, ( he painted the police station and it kept him out
of mischief), and because he wasn't yet 18 he was told that if he kept
a perfect record for the rest of the year, the records as a minor
would be sealed, or expunged, when he was 18. It all turned out well,;
he is now 42 years old, and has completed 24 years in service at this
point. He will retire in a couple of years, and to my knowledge has
never been in trouble again (but what does a Mom know?).

Gillian

Old September 2nd 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

wrote:

and to my knowledge has
never been in trouble again (but what does a Mom know?).

My mother is learning a lot she didn't know from talking to my friends
who figure that (a) statute of limitations has expired, (b) I'm 3000
miles away from her wrath.

--
Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf

Finished 9/1/07 - Pooh & Crew

Old September 3rd 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Threaded

My least favorite is a stitch - clipped turkey work; 'cause it's a "turkey
to work!" Also no-count cross-stitch - to me it's "no-account", and plain
nasty to work with. Thanks for the question!

Eva in Toasty Kent, WA, US

"lewmew" .
Just needed ONE more new topic to push the MI5 persecution guys off
the page, so here it is.

Question for the day: What is your LEAST favorite needlework
technique?

OK guys michele Glass 6 February 2nd 07 10:55 PM
I know I can tell you guys Kalera Beads 20 June 3rd 06 06:51 PM
you guys pay too much Rwalling Marketplace 0 March 4th 05 05:15 PM
Ops! Sorry Guys! www.hairbowinstructions.net Sewing 1 September 1st 04 08:31 AM
thanks you guys CNYstitcher Quilting 8 September 27th 03 03:55 AM