Torstart Stitch by Stitch

Old May 1st 07, 05:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Default Torstart Stitch by Stitch

Hello friends,
I just purchased the Torstar Stitch by Stitch 20 volume library on line
for 12.95 plus shipping. I am very happy with the books. They have
knitting, crochet, sewing and needle point. It starts as a beginner and
takes you well through intermediate and into advanced in all. Gail and
I being old Singer Sewing Machine dealers, I am very impressed with the
sewing part. I used to make my shirts all the time, work and dress. If
they fit my waist I could not get the neck buttoned or my biceps in the
sleeves, that was in the old days.

Back to the books, have any of you used them and what do you think of them?

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Old May 1st 07, 06:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Dennis

You mentioning your sewing machine brought back BAD memories of the
wonderful time I had today mending 4 pairs of DH's jeans. I only use my
machine for mending these days, and between the thread breaking, the needle
breaking, bashing my elbow on an open drawer, I'm afraid I turned the air a
little blue.

So, after throwing a spectacular tantrum, I got out the brush, cleaned
around the moving parts and oiled them. Voila, it's working much better
now. And - DH's jeans are fixed. ;D And the machine is back to being a
place to put my yarn on.

No wonder I prefer to knit (maniacal laughter)........

Shelagh

Old May 1st 07, 06:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

Spike Driver wrote:
I used to make my shirts all the time, work and dress. If
they fit my waist I could not get the neck buttoned or my biceps in the
sleeves, that was in the old days.

A tiny waist and big arm muscles - are you trying to impress the girls
Dennis?

Old May 1st 07, 07:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Shillelagh wrote:
[...]

Yes Shelagh,
Sew machines take occasional TLC. You did it right, a little dusting
and a little oil is all it takes.
Dennis
Old May 1st 07, 07:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Vintage Purls wrote:
Spike Driver wrote:
I used to make my shirts all the time, work and dress. If
they fit my waist I could not get the neck buttoned or my biceps in the
sleeves, that was in the old days.

A tiny waist and big arm muscles - are you trying to impress the girls
Dennis?

VP,
Those days are long gone. I still drive but, I walk with a walker now.
Letting a little ego show through, I used to be able to. I don't
even fill out a large shirt these days but I am still a contented
person. I had a great life as a youngster, I feel I was a lucky person.

Now just a little more health would help.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail