small happy dance

Old April 16th 07, 08:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

Default small happy dance

The people in this group will appreciate my sigh of relief:

I'm working on a huge piece, and did the "inner" vining border down the
right about 15 inches, and down the left about 15 inches, with the
central part still unstitched. And then stitched the "outer" border
around that....and THEY MATCHED! Ta-DUM! Big sigh....

Sue

Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
http://www.dirtylinen.com
Old April 16th 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 4/16/07 3:12 PM, "Susan Hartman" wrote:

The people in this group will appreciate my sigh of relief:

I'm working on a huge piece, and did the "inner" vining border down the
right about 15 inches, and down the left about 15 inches, with the
central part still unstitched. And then stitched the "outer" border
around that....and THEY MATCHED! Ta-DUM! Big sigh....

Sue

Huge sigh appreciated. But, inquiring minds want to know....which piece -
of your so many large ones?

ellice

Old April 16th 07, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

ellice wrote:
On 4/16/07 3:12 PM, "Susan Hartman" wrote:

Huge sigh appreciated. But, inquiring minds want to know....which piece -
of your so many large ones?

ellice

The same one: "Corragio". It's taking forever! But fun. (And it would
help if I didn't let myself keep being distracted by smaller ones, too.)
I'm hoping to have it done in time for the state fair in August. If not,
there's always another one next year!

http://scarlet-letter.com/rsdescr/or...p/coraggio.htm

Most of the top half is underway. Halfway through the first line of the
alphabet, all the flowers done and most of the leaves outlined, the
reverse-stitched unicorns almost done and I'm ready to start the
beribboned box with the quote inside. The center
knotwork/column-thingies are done. And the happy dance was over the left
and right sides of the vine borders matching up, with the mermaid part
still unstitched. What you can't see (because of the frame) is a black
border around the whole thing...

Maybe I'll have DD bring her digital camera over this weekend to take a
picture of it in progress for RCTNP.

Old April 16th 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gill Murray

Susan Hartman wrote:
The people in this group will appreciate my sigh of relief:

I'm working on a huge piece, and did the "inner" vining border down the
right about 15 inches, and down the left about 15 inches, with the
central part still unstitched. And then stitched the "outer" border
around that....and THEY MATCHED! Ta-DUM! Big sigh....

Sue

How great Sue; that is always such a relief when things MATCH!!
You done good,as they say!!!

I can't say that about the little oval I stitched, white on white
yesterday, and was off by 1 stitch. Frogged the damn thing.

Gillian
Old April 17th 07, 11:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
http://www.dirtylinen.com

SMALL happy dance? It would have warranted a Highland Fling in MY book!

Pat

Old April 17th 07, 12:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Apr 16, 3:59 pm, Susan Hartman wrote:
ellice wrote:
[...]

Yowser. That's quite a piece. I can imagine the relief in having
matched the sides!

Donna in Virginia

Old April 17th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

Pat P wrote:
SMALL happy dance? It would have warranted a Highland Fling in MY book!

It'll be a fling AND a pint of single malt when it's done!

Old April 23rd 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Annette from NZ

oh well done
enjoy the next lot of stitching

regards, Annette in NZ
http://www.xstitchandbeyond.com

Another very small happy dance :) Sandy Foster Quilting 12 May 26th 04 06:16 PM
Small happy dance :) Sandy Foster Quilting 14 May 24th 04 05:54 PM
Small Happy Dance Rachel Janzen Needlework 1 November 7th 03 03:20 PM
Small happy dance Jalynne Quilting 6 August 25th 03 06:17 PM
Small Happy Dance Bonnie Needlework 2 August 5th 03 12:46 PM