Hello from a new subscriber

Old April 8th 07, 12:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Annette from NZ

Default Hello from a new subscriber

Hello everyone,

My name is Annette and I live in New Zealand. I have been stitching
for a few years now and have worked with computers for nearly as long,
but have only just recently put the two together. My main interest is
all forms of counted thread techniques - blackwork, pulled thread, hem
stitching, needlepoint and, of course, cross stitch.

I have started doing my own designs, and have put some free designs up
on my web page. Please have a look and any feedback will be greatly
appreciated.

I am looking forward to joining in with some of the discussions on
this board.

Regards, Annette

Old April 8th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gill Murray

Annette from NZ wrote:
Hello everyone,

My name is Annette and I live in New Zealand. I have been stitching
for a few years now and have worked with computers for nearly as long,
but have only just recently put the two together. My main interest is
all forms of counted thread techniques - blackwork, pulled thread, hem
stitching, needlepoint and, of course, cross stitch.

I have started doing my own designs, and have put some free designs up
on my web page. Please have a look and any feedback will be greatly
appreciated.

I am looking forward to joining in with some of the discussions on
this board.

Regards, Annette

Welcome to the group, Annette.

Like many groups we have very active times, and then very quiet times. I
can promise you, though, that if you have any questions regarding
stitching, and have patience, you will receive a lot of input.

We also waste a lot of stitching time with OT posts; but that is life,
right??

Gillian
Old April 8th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Annette from NZ

On Apr 8, 11:46 am, "Annette from NZ" wrote:
tching, needlepoint and, of course, cross stitch.

I have started doing my own designs, and have put some free designs up
on my web page. Please have a look and any feedback will be greatly
appreciated.

of course it would help to have the website address!
http://www.xstitchandbeyond.com

just a senior moment there, regards, Annette

Old April 8th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia Beaulieu

Welcome to RCTN, Annette! I enjoyed visiting your website and particularly
liked the blackwork thimble pods! Continued success with your designing.
Also please take some time and tell us about your other stitching...maybe
add some pictures to your website?

Mavia
oups.com...

Old April 8th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

Annette from NZ wrote:
On Apr 8, 11:46 am, "Annette from NZ" wrote:
tching, needlepoint and, of course, cross stitch.
I have started doing my own designs, and have put some free designs up
on my web page. Please have a look and any feedback will be greatly
appreciated.

of course it would help to have the website address!
http://www.xstitchandbeyond.com

just a senior moment there, regards, Annette

Welcome, Annette. I like the thimble pods, too. They'd make cute
packages for little gift treasures. I look forward to seeing more on
your website as you update it!

Sue

Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
http://www.dirtylinen.com
Old April 9th 07, 12:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Annette from NZ

Thank you for the warm welcome, Gillian, Mavia and Sue
I am working on a pulled stitch tray cloth so will get some WIP up
soon.

Regards, Annette in NZ
http://www.xstitchandbeyond.com

Old April 10th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 4/7/07 7:46 PM, "Annette from NZ" wrote:

Hello everyone,

My name is Annette and I live in New Zealand. I have been stitching
for a few years now and have worked with computers for nearly as long,
but have only just recently put the two together. My main interest is
all forms of counted thread techniques - blackwork, pulled thread, hem
stitching, needlepoint and, of course, cross stitch.

I have started doing my own designs, and have put some free designs up
on my web page. Please have a look and any feedback will be greatly
appreciated.

I am looking forward to joining in with some of the discussions on
this board.

Regards, Annette

Welcome, Annette. Glad to have you join us, and looking forward to hearing
your comments and stitching adventures.

BTW - where are you in NZ? Just curious.

Ellice in Northern Virginia

Old April 10th 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 4/7/07 7:58 PM, "Annette from NZ" wrote:

On Apr 8, 11:46 am, "Annette from NZ" wrote:
tching, needlepoint and, of course, cross stitch.

I have started doing my own designs, and have put some free designs up
on my web page. Please have a look and any feedback will be greatly
appreciated.

of course it would help to have the website address!
http://www.xstitchandbeyond.com

Thanks for the site - I love the little buds for thimbles, etc. Very nice.

just a senior moment there, regards, Annette

Ah, even the not-so-senior of us have those ;^)

ellice

Old April 13th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Annette from NZ

On Apr 11, 5:25 am, ellice wrote:
Hi Ellice,
I live in Nelson NZ (See http://nelsonnz.com/ for pretty
pictures etc)
The area has a lot of very talented artists and crafts people
producing very inspiring work. My stitching is an escape from my day
job and my lack of finance has led to me doing my own designs.

From what I found on WWW, Northern Virginia looks very pretty and has

lots of history.

Regards, Annette

Old April 13th 07, 12:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ravenlynne

Just wanted to say that I'm new here also...I'm Gina and I'm in Naples,
Italy.

I'm primarily a cross stitcher, however I'm also in the SCA (society for
creative anachronism) so I'm often sewing medieval garb also. At the
moment I'm on a Long Dog Samplers kick...I'm a little over halfway on
Rosemarkie.

Nice to meet you all...

--
"I'm thinking that if this dilemma grows any more horns, I'm going to
shoot it and put it up on the wall."

- Harry Dresden